Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. We work with our vendors to put our goodie box together. Some vendors are eager to help and assist us with reduced costs goods. We're grateful to our business partners for any assistance in helping to put these packages together.

...and I appreciate that. You guys at P&C are quality folks. You guys blew your competitors out of the water with your (and your vendor's) generosity. All of the cherry blends will make for interesting conversation. We rarely talk about cherry blends, even with the handful of aromatic fans on here. Maybe it can provoke some thought and reflections on this traditional antique styled tobacco. I think all of us have memories of someone who smoked a cherry blend at one time or other.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12728956_1670726763201146_2130619507845774717_n.jpg?oh=78bdb3409629baa1efda959b26ecd0fd&oe=576723A8
Middleton Cherry and Carter Hall were my stables prior to joining this site. The original Frog Morton was my exotic to be smoked occasionally. :D

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I wasn't fast enough to get the goodie box. I had a lot of mid-semester paperwork to get done, and it was sold out by the time I logged in to place my order.
Damn work.
But... I still got the 15% discount.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Not true. We work with our vendors to put our goodie box together. Some vendors are eager to help and assist us with reduced costs goods. We're grateful to our business partners for any assistance in helping to put these packages together.
And let me say that I really appreciate it. I got into pipe smoking last year right before IPSD and was lucky enough to place an order on the day you guys ran the promotion for the goodie box and was really thrilled with what I received. I remember last year someone posted a box opening of their goodie box which turned into a few sour individuals who were critical of what was included. I feel like there will always be those people no matter what you include in the FREE goodie box. None the less thank you, and can't wait to receive mine in the next few days!

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Looks like the freebie was in part a way to clear out stock that wasn't selling.
I can assure you that Captain Black Cherry is the best selling tobacco blend. All you can find in my country is Captain Black Cherry.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
No goodies box for me ... too late! However, I did pick up this Mastro Beraldi Dublin:
pm-pmberl-20.png

pm-pmberl-20_view2.png

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Finally got back from my business trip and was able to open my box!
image18-600x450.jpg

Four pouches: Half and Half, Five Brothers, Paladin Black Cherry and Virgina Gold Vanilla. Also got one tin which was Sutliff Top Shelf. The rest was the same as everyone else. I'm excited as they are all blends I haven't tried, although some of you are making me afraid to try the Paladin ;)
The one bummer is that my order included a tin of Frog Morton and the tin got bent and damaged badly. The box was in good condition, so either it was damaged before shipping and they didn't notice it when they packed it, or the IPSD box inside the shipping box crushed it since there was no bubble wrap to cushion what I had ordered from the box. Luckily the rest of my order seems to be fine!

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I like your box the best as you only got one pouch of the worthless Paladin, and didn't receive the nearly as worthless Captain Black Cherry at all.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You got Five Brothers as a freebie, and some interesting looking cigars? Seems a good gig to me.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
You got Five Brothers as a freebie, and some interesting looking cigars? Seems a good gig to me.
Absolutely! Had one of the cigars last night and really enjoyed it!

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
My box was the same Half and Half, Five Brothers, Paladin Black Cherry, but with 2 tins top shelf and Balkan Sasieni with the same as everyone else. I am really liking the 5 brothers a blend I wasn't sure I would like. The paladin went in the back yard to kill ants after one bowl. Over all I nice surprise and I am glad I was able to get one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.