PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2015
First what order got me the Goodie Box!

That's right, $100+ in tobacco, didn't think I'd ever do that.....meh, oh well!
The Goodie Box, couple different pipe tobaccos, pack of 10 different cigars, ash tray, knife, coffee mug (YES! Can never have too many) and Cojimar Minis.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Nice haul! 10 free cigars is a great deal (if you like 'em), and I've always wanted to try Kasimir.
That's right, $100+ in tobacco, didn't think I'd ever do that.....meh, oh well!
Yeah, but in total you've got a lot of tobacco for less than $10.00/tin + free shipping! I've also got tins of SPC Potlach, Plum Pudding, and Mississippi River waiting to be popped. May have to dive into those sooner rather than later.

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
That's a great purchase of some amazing blends!
Also thanks for posting what you got in your goodie box! Was hoping they'd include the IPSD blend they included last year (unless they did and it's just not in the photo), but overall still a nice haul of free goodies! I'm excited to see what cigars they included this year.

311C6F20-115A-4AF0-83E7-0649F86222C4_zpsuxabjsa5.jpg

My grab bag was slightly different. It's the front row. Ashtray, pipe deamer, knife, cup, Patel grabbag of cigars, Cojimars, two pouches of yummy Paladin Black Cherry, pouch of Five Brothers, Borkum F'n Riff, and Sutliff's Top Shelf. Plus, my usual fair on the backrow. I'm most anxious to get into the War Horse.

That's it, and I'm very happy. Black Cherry, mmmm, lol. Very happy. Thanks P&C!!!
The pipe reamer wasn't in the grabbag box, nor did I order one. Maybe someone there reccognized my order and thought that I needed one, ha ha. Thanks again!!

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
My grab bag was slightly different.
Interesting.. I'm excited for mine to come in (have to wait till Saturday) and see if it's different as well. Now that you've posted yours I'm pretty certain there isn't any special IPSD blend included this year, unless only a few select boxes got it :(

It's about $100 worth of stuff. Maybe more. If you like cigars, you know they aint cheap. I'm struggling to make myself try the cherry blend. It feels like getting in the swimming pool for the first time of the year. You have to psyche yourself up for it. You know its gonna be cold as hell, but you might get used to it. Ha ha!

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I'm struggling to make myself try the cherry blend. It feels like getting in the swimming pool for the first time of the year. You have to psyche yourself up for it. You know its gonna be cold as hell, but you might get used to it. Ha ha!
:rofl:
Now don't hold this against me if I'm wrong, but Paladin is not as repulsive as Middleton's Cherry, if I recall correctly. Then again, that might not be saying much. Do let us know.

tootles

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
Here is the content of my box. The cigars are Rocky Patel. The Cojimar mini's are Mango flavored 8O, and the Camacho box is a cigar ashtray. I never turn away a stray freebie! I missed last years deals so I was ready and waiting this time.
try again on picture

img_ipsd-600x450.jpg

gogosamgo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for sharing tootles! Looks like you got a bit of variation with the tobacco as well!

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Looks like the freebie was in part a way to clear out stock that wasn't selling. The cigars are what I'd be most excited about!
Captain Black Cherry is the worst of all of the Captain Blacks, and Paladin in my opinion is fully unsmokable, as it tastes nasty, and is quick to bite. Middleton's Cherry Blend is vastly superior to both!

Middleton? Really? It is infamous for it's bite...

meme3_zps1b2d6213.jpg

But, I tend to think of all cherry blends as being the American Lakeland essence.

I also know quite a few guys who only smoke Captain Black Cherry. I've not tried it myself, and I am not getting in that line, especially since I didn't get it in my freebie bag. But, it has also gotten good reviews by folks who know their cherry.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Looks like the freebie was in part a way to clear out stock that wasn't selling.

Not true. We work with our vendors to put our goodie box together. Some vendors are eager to help and assist us with reduced costs goods. We're grateful to our business partners for any assistance in helping to put these packages together.
Russ

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Reading through this thread, I had to check my email to see if I qualified for the goodie bag.
The confirmation just listed my purchased items. I loaded up on McClleland's Mature Virginia #27 and Wessex Brigade Campaign.
I was just happy to get the 15% off and will make a reminder for this event next year. Besides, I'm not big on cigars but appreciate the discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.