PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Just ordered a new OWL Artisan Pipe, has anyone ever purchased an OWL before. It looks pretty awesome from the Pix with the hand built and painted wood box... Anybody have any experience?

Thanks!

Dan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll Google that. 'Don't know the brand. ...Nice selection. It looks like they are selling well. I like the ones that aren't so Danish freehand and a little smaller maybe. If they are as well crafted as they appear, they are not a bad price for handmade pipes, around $200.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Please let us know how they are. I've spotted them a few times and the thought had crossed my mind to give one a shot as I really liked all the stuff that came with it too. They have a lot of interesting designs and I really liked them, just haven't bought one yet.

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I've had my Owl Pipe for over a year and it is part of my regular rotation. I am very pleased with it and the presentation box is a great side benefit. Enjoy!

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Looking Forward to getting on Wednesday, will post pix. Most of my collection are Factory Pipes, i.e. Peterson's, Savinelli's etc., I wanted to change it up a bit and found a really nice one at Tobacco Pipes. Am anxious to receive, I will say at that size, it ain't no clencher... :puffpipe:
Dan

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
i think (and i may be wrong on this) that these new OWL pipes you're talking about are not associated with the old The Owl Shop pipes (a classic New England shop). yours comes with a unique bag and a tamper i think?

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Just received my 1st OWL Pipe, will post pictures later. Am thoroughly impressed by this guys product!

The Pipe comes in a nice wooden case with padding covered by a cloth. Then they cut the padding to that exact pipe and they include a couple of Pipe Cleaners and a briar key ring with a thank you note with the name of that individual pipe.

The pipe itself is of incredible workmanship, will find out later how it smokes. If it smokes as good as it looks, should be great! The drilling and finish is spot on... :clap:

Am having him make another pipe for me me now. At this price, he may be one of the most affordable Artisans out there...
Thanks!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.