Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I finally decided to purchase another pipe. I have about 2 dozen pre picked on a few sites. The problem? EVERY single one is O.O.S. !
Do I have exceptionally good taste, or is everyone just on the same merry go round? :eek:
What are you looking for?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
There's a third possibility. The pipes you liked have not sold will in the past so the vendors aren't restocking. Probably not the case but possible. Pay a bit more and get Jack Howell to make a custom one for you. You won't regret it.

Hard to say. It does seem like some vendors aren’t carrying the levels of inventory in the last several months.

With the uncertainty of what the economy will be and the future of the tobacco industry is, I guess I can’t blame them.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I finally decided to purchase another pipe. I have about 2 dozen pre picked on a few sites. The problem? EVERY single one is O.O.S. !
Do I have exceptionally good taste, or is everyone just on the same merry go round? :eek:
I keep calling the vendors and saying do you really want to sell a pipe to a man that lives on a boat and might also be a drinker? Don't worry I'll let you get the next one. It's part of joining this site you got to be initiated against your will in some way. Keeps most of the riff raff at bay (you understand?)

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hard to say. It does seem like some vendors aren’t carrying the levels of inventory in the last several months.

With the uncertainty of what the economy will be and the future of the tobacco industry is, I guess I can’t blame them.
my last pipe I bought there where a bunch I was looking at and deciding for and the rest where gone in one day. Actually glad I got the one I did, it's more perfect then I thought it would be.

Reactions: boatme99

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
I keep calling the vendors and saying do you really want to sell a pipe to a man that lives on a boat and might also be a drinker? Don't worry I'll let you get the next one. It's part of joining this site you got to be initiated against your will in some way. Keeps most of the riff raff at bay (you understand?)
Sir! How dare you. I am miffed. Miffed, I say!
How dast you intimate that I MIGHT imbibe.
Hic.