PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
Chesty Puller HAS to be spinning in his grave over the latest orders from Marine High Command.
i know this would be ment with willfull disobediance in the Army...
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=militarytimes.com%3a+fart&d=27025919314906494&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=806645e9,2e31785c

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
You got to be joken! Man all the stuff We saw and did, One just couldn't fart one would s--t!!! Hell maybe it could be taxed to help pay for the war. :crazy:

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
While I agree that it's silly to ask our service men to "hold it" at the range, it doesn't surprise me.
Those who practice Islam must do Wudu (الوضوء) before Salah, or the five daily prayers. Wudu is is a symbolic act of washing away all impurities before presenting yourself to Allah. Wudu is done every morning, due to the fact that sleeping while reclined is considered 'breaking wudu.' But, most traditional Muslims (Like the ones in Afghanistan) require that you do wudo for other reasons...
Defecation, passing gas or urination

Emission of semen

Sleep while reclining

Vomiting

Loss of senses

Fainting

Laughing aloud whilst in Salah

Sexual contact with another person

Touching the private parts with the bare hands

Blood or pus leaving the body so that it leaves the point of exit

Touching a person of the same gendre that is not your blood/milk relative
While it seems silly to those of who are not Muslim, the logic is sound from High Command. Imagine if someone soiled themselves, and sat down next to you at Church. While not as extreme, you now begin to see were the Afgans are coming from.

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Man just let our Marines do what they do best and quit having them worrying about farting for Christ sake.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
misterrogers all those things sound like me after playing a metal show. Sometimes those things may or may not have happened onstage :rofl:

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah and being army, the Afghans are lucky we haven't made farting in their general direction a competetive sport. Of course, this comment is from a guy who will be arrested and possibly executed if found in certain Muslim countries, particulaly Malaysia. (long story)

stryder

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
This story made national news at least on talk radio.

While I can understand the reasons one of the things I hope the Afghans learn from the soldiers is tolerance.

If somebody soiled them self and sat down next to me I would change seats! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.