PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

1robert

Lurker
Dec 25, 2011
Was out walking the dog and enjoying my favorite (Butz-Choquin) when she unexpectedly pulled and...well, pipe hit the ground and snapped. Stem is fine and so is the bowl. There was, however, a lucite shank that snapped off right at the mortise/tenon. Does anyone know if BC has old parts to sell? Or maybe some other aftermarket fix?

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
There are several people around who can repair a broken tenon; some pipe companies will do it for free (as Brigham recently revealed). I would contact BC and see what their policy is, and failing them being able to help you out, check with your local B&M; they often either have a guy on staff, or just know a guy who can perform the required repairs locally.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
That hurts ! I have two BC's with a lucite shank insert. I'd be rather upset as well if they broke.
I'd reach out to JH Lowe or someone like Uncle Arthur or Maurizio to get some advice. You may have to send it in to get it repaired.
Real bummer... I feel for ya.

1robert

Lurker
Dec 25, 2011
Thanks to all. I will contact BC first and see what they say. I'd like to know what the history of this pipe is anyway. I'll contact Uncle Arthur, too. I've been planning to hit him up for one of his great pipes and this is as good a time as any for introductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.