Others Experiencing Long Delivery Times From Europe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
A package of two pipes I bought from Russia was shipped back in early May (6th). I've given up on them; last tracking update from Russian Post was on 11 May. Contrarywise, a pipe I bought from a seller in Serbia 3 weeks ago arrived here in about a week. Go figure.

Reactions: JOHN72

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't know how you guys have the patience for 2 plus month waits. I get pissed if something takes 5 days instead of the normal 2-3. At 62 you would think I would have developed more patience, but no the older I get the less I have. I like I don't have enough pipes and tobacco or pipe cleaners or Obidisian. I actually am almost out of my last bottle of Obidisian, I order 8 at a time, don't ask why I picked the number 8, maybe because Yaz wore number 8?

I once had a box of Cuban cigars arrive after 9 or so months. It was from Stagnetto's and of course the girls re shipped after about a month. When I emailed them it had finally arrived they were amazed. I told them the cigars were fine and they should charge my account but they insisted on letting me keep them for free. I have no idea what cigars they were, you would think I would but not a clue.

• Wow

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I don't know how you guys have the patience for 2 plus month waits. I get pissed if something takes 5 days instead of the normal 2-3. At 62 you would think I would have developed more patience, but no the older I get the less I have. I like I don't have enough pipes and tobacco or pipe cleaners or Obidisian. I actually am almost out of my last bottle of Obidisian, I order 8 at a time, don't ask why I picked the number 8, maybe because Yaz wore number 8?

I once had a box of Cuban cigars arrive after 9 or so months. It was from Stagnetto's and of course the girls re shipped after about a month. When I emailed them it had finally arrived they were amazed. I told them the cigars were fine and they should charge my account but they insisted on letting me keep them for free. I have no idea what cigars they were, you would think I would but not a clue.

Wait till you are 73. Gets worse.
Who knows what will happen in 2 months.

Reactions: sablebrush52

DenzelNoup

Lurker
May 7, 2021
I often ordered snuff for my father because he was a lover of classics. We'd to wait for such goods for more than a month. So I ordered them long before the holidays. Once I ordered a beautiful smoking pipe in the style of the Mayan Indians (it was made in Europe, haha). So this beautiful pipe went to me for more than two months, and I was always worried that the order was lost BC my insurance period then expired long ago! I didn't know that I could track my package. No one told me about it. That's when I started tracking the delivery so that I wouldn't miss anything, you know.

Reactions: BROBS

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I just received news from SP. My three orders were returned to SP, because of the ineffective ness of my post office. It's what I suspected. Now I have to wait for the refund, and invest the money back in SP, of course. Thanks to Smokingpipes for being a serious, responsible store with the customer. They answered me quickly an clearly...............

Reactions: briarbuck and BROBS

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
My Estervals delivery made it to Los Angeles last week and supposedly moving on to the next distribution point, which I assume would be my local Post Office. And then...and then...and then...

Still on its world tour.
A snapshot of a moment in time, before the meteorite.
I'm not experienceing any sort of deliveries from Europe. Been there, done that.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I sent a parcel from Greece it left Athens on 5th May and landed @ NY on 17th.No updates then this morning shows out for delivery in CA.
So a little over 2 weeks from leaving Greece to delivery is the fastest I have had for over 1 year.Parcels coming in the opposite direction have been taking about 6 weeks with 2 of those sitting waiting import Customs inspections.The last 2 parcels updated a few days after leaving US in Doha Qatar and then nothing until arriving at my local Post Office about 5 weeks later

kmiller

Lurker
May 28, 2021
Slovika
If it is a package usually around 7-10 workdays. More modest packages and jiffy sacks anything from 4-7 by means of USPS services + another national transporter. FedEx, UPS, DHL is the best approach on the off chance that you need to be certain you include it inside 5 workdays in any event that is my experience. You might also be experiencing long delivery times due to pandemics.

Status
Not open for further replies.