Others Experiencing Long Delivery Times From Europe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have not ordered anything from the pipe tobacco world lately but have been thinking about putting in an order to Estervals, etc. I have placed 3 orders to MrSnuff and Toque and have yet to receive my shipments. One order, btw MrSnuff orders showed up in 11 days. The one before and after, nope. And Germany is not allowing shipment of much of anything to the USA.

Reactions: JOHN72

tomatamot

Part of the Furniture Now
May 26, 2020
EU
That's visa versa to me.
I`m waiting now for over 6 weeks for pipe cleaners from MM.
Patience is a new Art.;)

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Yes I am waiting on a pipe from Denmark. Pre-covid the shipping was amazingly fast, but I am currently at 6 weeks.

I corresponded with them several weeks ago, they said the problem was in the US.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I’ve been waiting for an eBay win from Germany for a couple of months. Seller says he can’t ship postal to the US post yet. ?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have a couple of packages waiting to go to forum members in the States but have been advised to hold back until Covid is well & truly gone lest they 'disappear' in the confusion.

Besides, my village Post Office has been closed for several weeks!

Regards,

Jay.?

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Of course.
One pipe coming from Greece. It moved quickly from local office to the “sorting center” in Athens. Hasn’t updated since the 15th.

Another pipe coming from The Danish Pipe Shop. As of the 18th it has been “dispatched from the sorting center”.

In the past, in my experience, average shipping time from Greece/Italy to my porch was about 10 days.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Yup. 2 Al Pascia Curvy 02s have been stuck in “Origin Post Preparing Shipment” status since the end of April, and Cigarworld.de is ducking my emails. Stuff coming by FedEx or DHL Express shows up within a normal timeframe.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I put in a large order with Mr. Snuff recently. Took about two weeks to arrive in a Florida. No more or less than usual.

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
33 days for delivery of an Esterval order to NYC, a pipe from the UK (tracking, signed for) stuck in limbo at Langley HWDC since 1 June (3 weeks and counting), and two other UK parcels (without tracking despite my pleas)-- presumably still en route--respectively, since 18 April and 26 May. Then, the proverbial exception to prove the rule, a big Dunhill reference book I've long wanted arrived in two weeks flat sent book rate. Reddit and the Royal Mail's Facebook & Twitter pages offer plenty of misery-love-company anecdotes--just in case anyone gets paranoid about pipes and tobacco being singled out.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Of course.
One pipe coming from Greece. It moved quickly from local office to the “sorting center” in Athens. Hasn’t updated since the 15th.

Another pipe coming from The Danish Pipe Shop. As of the 18th it has been “dispatched from the sorting center”.

In the past, in my experience, average shipping time from Greece/Italy to my porch was about 10 days.

My parcel from Greece (Kyriazanos pipe) has updated for the first time since the 15th..
23 JUN 2020
Dispatched from sorting center
Athens, Greece
1:55 PM

• Wow
May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
My parcel from Greece (Kyriazanos pipe) has updated for the first time since the 15th..
23 JUN 2020
Dispatched from sorting center
Athens, Greece
1:55 PM
I know this won't be encouraging news, but my pipe from Chris Asteriou was dispatched from the Athens Sorting Center and arrived at the Athens Airmail Center on May 8th and it hasn't budged since. A friend also had a pipe mailed by Chris the same day and whose shipment is in the same status.

But I bought a pipe from an Italian shop last week. They shipped DHL Express for $22. It arrived in three days. I don't believe the excuse by foreign mail services that the problem is in the USA. DHL's shipments aren't being delayed and US Customs processes their packages too.

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I know this won't be encouraging news, but my pipe from Chris Asteriou was dispatched from the Athens Sorting Center and arrived at the Athens Airmail Center on May 8th and it hasn't budged since. A friend also had a pipe mailed by Chris the same day and whose shipment is in the same status.

But I bought a pipe from an Italian shop last week. They shipped DHL Express for $22. It arrived in three days. I don't believe the excuse by foreign mail services that the problem is in the USA. DHL's shipments aren't being delayed and US Customs processes their packages too.

This is the third time it’s been dispatched from a sorting center.
they’ve got one on every corner.
Edit:
Just updated again..

June 23, 2020, 11:55 pm
Processed Through Facility
ATHENS AIR MAIL UNIT (AMU), GREECE

Status
Not open for further replies.