PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
[iHey family,

I am faithful to p & c. com, but what are some other good sites to purchase tobacco like p & c?
Thanks in advance!

rabblerouser

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
MrSnuff is another good site, with its operations based in the UK. They have a rather small pipe tobacco section (though it's all high quality and British). However, they have an absolutely massive selection when it comes to snuff, more than you could ever possibly want - a little snus as well, if that's your thing. From what I hear, they're really great. I've just placed an order with them.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I have ordered from Smokingpipes, P&C, Boswell and 4Noggins in recent weeks and months. In the dark ages, I ordered from Edward's in Atlanta (pound a month, doncha know).
I can say without a doubt that Smokingpipes is tops for me. But, I have absolutely no complaints with any of the others. P&C has been on time and well packed, as has Boswell and 4 Noggins.
IMOH we are in the best of times for pipes and tobaccos and are fortunate to have a forum such as this who present top drawer sponsors.
This not to say I haven't had issues of late with a certain pipe maker. But, I'm not going to go over that old ground. Stay with the sponsors here, and you are with the good ones in this hobby.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Cigars International has some good prices and a decent selection some decent pipes for sale on their site too. I figure it's about 30% of retail for the most part and their customer service has been pretty awesome to me if I've ever had an issue. I still prefer to go to my local shop and get some insight from the guys there but it's always nice to find a good deal.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I use P&C and McCranie's regularly - McCranie's for their own blends. Have also used 4 Noggins, Smoker's Haven and JR.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I have found that Smoking Pipes have the best shipping rates for us Canadian customers. They have great products & are very good to deal with.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
4noggins and smoking pipes have treated me really well. In my experience 4noggins has the fastest turn around in getting me my baccy!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My top three are smokingpipes.com, cup o joes, and iwanries.com. I've visited others mentioned above,

and lately have been looking at tobaccopipes.com. You really have to monitor them all as their inventories

change, sales come up, and your interests evolve. Right now, smokingpipes.com seems to have the widest

selection of tobaccos at the best prices. tobaccopipes.com has a better inventory of U.S. machine made pipes.

And so on.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Some of the cheapest prices I've seen for anyone wanting Lane or Stokkebye bulk can be found at http://wvsmokeshop.com/. Little Brown Smoke Shack has nice prices but something has changed for them and they no longer ship to Kentucky as well as other states. I've placed many orders with them in the past. This changed about three weeks ago.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've order from either Cup O Joes or smokingpipes.com. I've only ever had great experiences with them and would highly reccommend them. They tend to have great pipe and tobacco selections at very competitive prices. Also, they're very quick with responding to emails.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I've placed several orders, for pipes, tobaccos, and accessories through 4noggins, snd have found them to have good prices, excellent selection, and super-fast shipping (somehow, they manage to get my stuff to me here in Seattle in one day from Vermont.)
I've also dealt with Iwan Ries for many years, but, let's face it, 4noggins is a sponsor, and we owe our sponsors our loyalty. :puffy:

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
It is very rare that I want to order something that smokingpipes doesn't have. They are my first choice because of their breadth of stick, pricing and shipping times. But also because on the one occasion I was able to visit the B&M operation (Low Country Pipes) I found the fellows there to be tremendously warm and welcoming. I like to reward that kind of service.
That said, I have had a good experience with P&C (ordered a couple pipes there over the years) and, interestingly, with the online operation of Iwan Ries (I often find harder-to-source tobacco there, and every bit of Penzance I've ever been able to purchase has come from there.)

Status
Not open for further replies.