PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I’m woodworker, mechanic, baker and cook. I love cooking with fire and smoke and baking my own bread. I love keeping up my 78 f100 known as Norma Jade. I smoke pipe in my wood shop where I build furniture or cabinets and recently started playing with shaping predrilled pipes. I also paint a little. 45E5EC4B-D567-4FDA-BF1A-67AD0E054326.jpeg14F778E1-9C86-4EBB-A1A7-A9067394C087.jpegDEC3A0C4-C6FA-498B-8347-D153625A4D74.jpegEA784E1F-2F3D-4292-98E8-C4D251E43486.jpeg23E5E3E7-43AC-4A9B-AB26-679C4B6720F7.jpeg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Coding and playing guitar and of course my greatest passion, my daughter. Lately I’ve been studying classical music and I finally mastered playing Stanley Meyer’s Cavatina. It’s not a hard song to learn but it is difficult to play it with grace. Since I bought my new classical guitar, that’s all I want to play but I have a Fender Acoustic, Fender Strat, Gibson Classical and a Cordoba GK Studio Limited Edition. The grain on back is just stunning, I always forget what wood is used, I’d have to look at the specs (most people wouldn’t care), the front is Spruce, gives it that brighter sounds, it’s more of a Flamenco guitar than a traditional classical, hence the name, ‘GK’ - for Gipsy Kings. I long to play that guitar!

I also used to be really into wood turning but all of my equipment/tools are in storage until I can find a house that will be good for my daughter and I. Then I plan on getting back into turning, it can be such a thrill!

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
When I'm able I enjoy amateur astronomy and making attempts at restoring my 1951 Dodge pickup. I'm very involved with the local chapter of the DAV (Disabled American Veterans). When time permits, I like to write.

Like some of you... work and children sometimes get in the way of my personal activities.

Attachments

• 39150089_470430391607239_Orig.jpg
    39150089_470430391607239_Orig.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0050~2.jpg
    IMG_0050~2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 20
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Coding and playing guitar and of course my greatest passion, my daughter. Lately I’ve been studying classical music and I finally mastered playing Stanley Meyer’s Cavatina. It’s not a hard song to learn but it is difficult to play it with grace. Since I bought my new classical guitar, that’s all I want to play but I have a Fender Acoustic, Fender Strat, Gibson Classical and a Cordoba GK Studio Limited Edition. The grain on back is just stunning, I always forget what wood is used, I’d have to look at the specs (most people wouldn’t care), the front is Spruce, gives it that brighter sounds, it’s more of a Flamenco guitar than a traditional classical, hence the name, ‘GK’ - for Gipsy Kings. I long to play that guitar!

I also used to be really into wood turning but all of my equipment/tools are in storage until I can find a house that will be
I used to play guitar quite a bit back in the day. Even played in a band for about 10 years. Got a Gibson Les Paul and Explorer and a Fender acoustic. Marshall half stack, of course. Haven’t touched them really since getting married and having the kiddos though.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
When I'm able I enjoy amateur astronomy and making attempts at restoring my 1951 Dodge pickup. I'm very involved with the local chapter of the DAV (Disabled American Veterans). When time permits, I like to write.

Like some of you... work and children sometimes get in the way of my personal activities.
That will be a awesome truck when done. Does that have a hemi!?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I used to play guitar quite a bit back in the day. Even played in a band for about 10 years. Got a Gibson Les Paul and Explorer and a Fender acoustic. Marshall half stack, of course. Haven’t touched them really since getting married and having the kiddos though.
That’s awesome, I was in a band in college too, we actually had a pretty big following for a time. Ah the glory days! Though, I would say in the past 7 years I’ve been practicing guitar with more discipline than I ever have. I’ve been playing for close to 30 years but I am just now to the point where I feel comfortable calling myself a musician. Continuing to challenge myself and study hard has really paid off. Now I’m at the point where I have to at least get some guitar time in each day just because I love it. I hope that you eventually get back into it!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I used to read a book a week (without pictures, thank you) and infuse my own alcohol. Movies, music, and playing Nintendo game systems helped to keep me same while I cooked in two parts of the state 7 days a week.

On weekends, I would head to a local dive bar that was walking distance from where I crashed. Knocking back some bourbon and diet cokes while aimlessly watching sports highlights and avoiding conversations helped me get my head on straight.

I didn't have time for much else, but was able to payoff my student loans in under 5 years while becoming more established in my current profession.

I stopped working 7 days a week with the birth of my daughter. Now I get to enjoy some family time. Late nights or early mornings are my time to smoke a pipe, relax, and contemplate life.

I still enjoy cooking when time allows, despite no longer betrayals for it. Cooking relaxed me and, as a large American, I enjoy food.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
When I lived in the U.K it was vintage British bikes from the 30s. Recently I have taken up enhanced home brewing, building model V2 rockets, potato cannons, blowing shit up, pyro-flatulence and collecting airplane sick bags, gnome wrestling, these are a few that spring to mind as well as writing crappy spy novels in my spare office moments.