PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I think I just found my favorite VA flake. It seems to burn a little hotter than others.
But maybe I just liked it too much.
You tried it?

Good stuff and cheap. Every now and then P&C runs a deal that knocks a few more bucks off of its already low low price, so I buy it twenty tins at a time when they do that. I find that it is a moody one though. Sometimes I love it, and the next day, same tin, same pipe, and I'm not that crazy about it. I think it just has to fit my mood.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
OGS is a nice baccy and I do enjoy it, but it bites me more than other Virginia's do. Not sure why but if I have some I go slow. I've got a tin in my cellar that's been there about 2 years so it should be good to go.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I'm at my desk now, having finished a pinch of it at the end of lunch 30 minutes ago, and am still enjoying the taste.
I love it when I find a tobacco I like for an hour after I've finished it.
@ cosmic -- Yeah hey, was it cheap. Got it as part of the All Flaked Out sampler from P&C. Tin cost me, what, maybe $6.00?

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Any time I order from P&C I throw a couple of tins of Escudo and OGS in the cart. Right now I got like 8 tins ageing or each.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Good choice of tobacco. I like freakie's plan. I have thus far only done that with escudo. Seems I should start buying more OGS as well.

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
I like Orlik Golden Sliced. It was my first Virginia flake. I have two 100g tins aging in my cellar. I am currently sampling others, so I expect to be cracking open of the tins to get a better comparison. I will always have a few tins on hand.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I am a big fan of OGS I have 4 tines that have 2 year age and 4 more aging with 1 open that I am smoking

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
To cosmicfolklore's point, right now P and C has these buy 3 get 1 free.
Might stock up or mix and match to see if there are others in the line that you like.

Just a warning on the other Orlik choices. I haven't found a single one of the new blends that didn't taste like some sort of weird aromatic or waxy burley taste, and there are burleys that I like, just not one of these. So, if you try one of the other blends by Orlik, don't overdo your order. You might like them. It was just that I didn't. If you're a lover of Virginias, your taste buds may be similar to mine, but YMMV.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Bummer on the backorder bulldogbriar89; the extent of my research was seeing the ad banner on their site. I didn't mean to salt the wounds.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OGS was one of my first Virginias, and I was much pleased. I has a lot of nuance and complexity to me.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I did try this yesterday I don't know but pretty much any flake I have tried I have done in a calabash... I haven't tried one in a briar yet I just think many flakes would be to harsh in a briar... And give me a good bit of bite.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
OGS always seems to be on my list of "usual suspects" when tad time comes around. There is always a tin or two of it somewhere in the man-cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.