PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I have been having a hard time finding any, anyone know where I can score some?
Looking for some 100 gram tins.
Thanks
John

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I couldnt find it at any three of the shops I pass by, earlier this summer. I ordered it from the WV shop (funny name; cant recall it now) when they had free shipping. Two 100 gram tins were $19.XX delivered.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Interesting that it is hard to find all of a sudden. 4noggins has the 50 gram for 6.59. This stuff used to always be in stock. I used to smoke this on a regular basis, but took it out of the rotation. I have so many flakes in the rotation I had to lose a couple to make room for new ones. It is a great flake for beginners because it is mild and has no bite. They say it has a pinch of perique but I could never taste any. The price is also very attractive for a high quality flake.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I agree with Cigrmaster, this is a great flake to get into when you are starting the journey into Virginia's. I think a lot of people are beginning to realize the value of this blend so its getting harder to come by.

tedvig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2011
Good stuff! I was able to locate 100g tins just now. pm me if you'd like to know where.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Shawn, if I have to limit it to just 5 here is what I would choose. All 5 of these are available, ready to smoke with little to no drying, and absolutely no bite.
Fribourg&Treyer Cut Virginia Plug

Wessex Campaign Brigade Dark Flake

Solani 633

Astley's no. 44 Dark Flake

John Aylesbury Luxury Flake

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
shawn, you are not lame, you are just new. It takes time to find what your favorites are, and there is a lot of hit and miss in the process. When I was new, none of these were on my list. Back when I started there were no forums to get ideas from other people, so I just had to keep buying until I found things I liked. I would have saved a ton of money if I was a member here when I first started smoking a pipe.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
shawn, you are not lame, you are just new. It takes time to find what your favorites are, and there is a lot of hit and miss in the process. When I was new, none of these were on my list. Back when I started there were no forums to get ideas from other people, so I just had to keep buying until I found things I liked. I would have saved a ton of money if I was a member here when I first started smoking a pipe.
Saved money, maybe, but I'm sure it was quite the journey of self-exploration. To be perfectly honest, some of the blends people rave about on these forums I have tried and hated and some that no one has mentioned I have really loved. I think for each and every smoker it is a personal journey.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
What do you guys think of Solani 660 Sliver Flake? I am going to order some. I like the Solani 633 a lot. I am just a little put off that their 100g tins are not sealed but there is always mason jars I suppose.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've heard that supposedly Orlik's Golden Slice isn't being imported into the US now. Supposedly there's some problems with the importing between the nations or something. So, supposedly they're not shipping any more tins out until it gets resolved. Could explain why it's getting harder and harder to find. I've noticed it's a pretty popular and overall well liked blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.