PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Jim (Lazarus Pipes) brought this one to the club meet today.

Is anyone familiar with the LX 90 S designation?
Just a size/shape number I assume, but any guesses about what the S stands for?
Sandblast?

27942A14-0237-46D6-BD34-EA56CBBC9ACB.jpeg
1198DA77-1FE7-4FD8-9FFD-61975A641BCC.jpeg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I'd think the S is for the Saddle stem. The LX is the line, De Luxe Sandblast, and 90 the shape number.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks blast to me, with a nice trim design and minimalist bead line I've not seen before. Since Orlik is most associated with tobacco, I kind of assume they source the pipes; do you have any idea who makes these, or does Orlik have its own carvers? I have the non- bead line Dr. Grabow Royalton, and two Stanwell 32's and a big-bowled Johs with bead lines, so this splits the difference with its slight be definite line. Cool. Did you buy the pipe, or only photograph it?

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Looks blast to me, with a nice trim design and minimalist bead line I've not seen before. Since Orlik is most associated with tobacco, I kind of assume they source the pipes; do you have any idea who makes these, or does Orlik have its own carvers? I have the non- bead line Dr. Grabow Royalton, and two Stanwell 32's and a big-bowled Johs with bead lines, so this splits the difference with its slight be definite line. Cool. Did you buy the pipe, or only photograph it?

Just an inquest.. not my style of pipe, though I’m sure it will be a great value for someone.
A primarily cigar smoker traded him a bag of pipes for a tenon repair job. The bag included a Sasieni, Stanwell, this Orlik and a practically brand new Ashton xxx Pebble Grain bent bulldog.
Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.