PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
She thanks everyone for the kind comments. She had to quit the pipe smoking for a while because of a bad case of bronchitis, but recently has been smoking occasionally. She fusses when I take pics of her sometimes, but I snapped one of her lighting this pipe. She's going to compare it to her favorite Stanwell, but I figure it will be a draw between the two of them.
img_0076-568x600.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Nice pipe, great clean up, and wonderful that Mrs Orley is feeling better!

My best smokers are in that shape. A Lorenzo, a Barling, a Dunhill, and even a couple of MasterCraft.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yeah, I soaked it in alcohol for an hour or so, then wet sanded with 400 grit in the alcohol. After drying I sanded with micro mesh 1800 up to 3200, then a little polish with some tripoli, followed by white diamond and carnauba wax. I though that I should probably leave the original finish as is because it was an older pipe, but once my wife saw that grain she wanted to see it! It's not an expensive or rare pipe so I went ahead and gave it the stain free finish. Ain't love grand... :puffy:

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Beautiful job. The grain is gorgeous. I hope she enjoys it for many years!

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
Beautiful job, Orley! That’s a nice looking pipe. Hope the misses enjoys it for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.