PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
And different for different varietals. Drama strikes me as being kind of like a black tea flavor, where Basma is clearly more like a cedar/incense. Turkish has kind of a toasty/cigarette flavor that I really like, and that's what Kensington is full of. It's not cigarettey, don't get me wrong, it's just full of a flavor I have come to mark in my mind as "turkish".

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Well Oriental season is coming up soon. Which I don't really care about what blend I smoke in what season. But since I'm new to the pipe tobacco world I would like to know some really good Orientals or Orientals forward tobacco blends. Thanks

Presbyterian
C&D Sunday Picnic
C&D Oriental Silk
Rattray's Red Rapparee
Robert Lewis Orcilla Mix
Peretti Royal
Peretti Tashkent
Peretti Oriental no 40
Pease Quiet Nights
Pease Meridian
Ken Byron Basmatica

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
Does Plumb Pudding count? If not I guess I will have to pop my tin of Presbyterian.
I saw Quiet Nights mentioned earlier.. I get plenty of lat in that one but almost none in Plum Pudding.
I have a bit of Country Squire White Rose, also wondering if that one should be considered Oriental?

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I second the suggestion of GL Pease Embarcadero. C&D Oak Alley is burley-based, but the Katerini is an important condiment, I think.

If you're interested in Latakia blends... Spark Plug, Kensington and Charing Cross from Pease are all very good and rich with Oriental leaf. Rattray's Red Rap, H&H White Knight and Larry's Blend, as well as Arango/Stokkebye Balkan Supreme are also good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.