PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
I really miss FMOTT and 2045, and while I've found Squadron Leader is my heir apparent I'm curious about other blends with Oriental leanings. 965 I recollect had a sweet Oriental nuance, but that was back in the Dunhill days. I haven't tried it since Peterson picked up the ball and ran with it.
What Oriental forward/Balkan blends are you fond of?

Reactions: Model 29

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've been searching on YouTube about Orientals and just watched this interesting video concerning the raising of the plants.

I generally don't go in for all that bestiality and such, but, at about 3 minutes in, is the sexiest mule I've ever seen...

Enjoy!

1657950734264.png

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Some Oriental blends that I enjoy are, Cordial and Star of the East Gold and Stratfordshire (not so much oriental heavy, but tasty and balanced) from C&D. From Sutliff BSOSm, BS 759, and 965 matches, TS24 Blended Turkish Ribbon.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I really miss FMOTT and 2045, and while I've found Squadron Leader is my heir apparent I'm curious about other blends with Oriental leanings. 965 I recollect had a sweet Oriental nuance, but that was back in the Dunhill days. I haven't tried it since Peterson picked up the ball and ran with it.
What Oriental forward/Balkan blends are you fond of?

Peretti Royal & Tashkent
C&D Bijou
Ascanian nos 1 and 2
Rattray's Red Rapparee
Savinelli Brunello Flake (took a while to get this blend, but now I love it)

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
LJP Oriental #40 has Latakia but it is one of my favorite mild oriental blends.
Tashkent and Robert McConnell are both very good. Presbyterian Mixture and EMP are my every morning smokes.
You could also try adding Katarini, Izmir, Turkish Ribbon or Macedonian Prelip (prelep) to any of your favorite less oriental blends.

Reactions: KruegerFlap