PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
New rules on imported goods are about to get into effect starting of First June 2021 Europewide, all merchandise coming from outside of EU commercial zone is supposed to become a subject of import taxes regardless of items commercial value (except Gifts )
Thanks for that information. Our friend in Sweden liked Frog Morton, which we would send to him. He never did pay a duty on it, perhaps because we marked it as gift.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
not really much of a change as the current vat free amount is only 22 euros and the calculation of value of package includes postal costs.
If I order almost any parcel from Uk the postage cost is nearly that amount without the cost of actual item ,so I nearly always incur vat

Trainpipeman

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2021
Rhode Island
not really much of a change as the current vat free amount is only 22 euros and the calculation of value of package includes postal costs.
If I order almost any parcel from Uk the postage cost is nearly that amount without the cost of actual item ,so I nearly always incur vat

Where you are in Finland, is there a lack of good tobacconists?

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

B18

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2015
New rules on imported goods are about to get into effect starting of First June 2021 Europewide, all merchandise coming from outside of EU commercial zone is supposed to become a subject of import taxes regardless of items commercial value (except Gifts )
Well damn....

Reactions: edger
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I am in Greece,lack of choice of good blends here too and no postage importing of tobacco allowed either from shops or friends only personal allowance when travelling
In The coming years that may become the subject of changing cuz this like ruling you have described do opposites the trade rules of the EU free commercial zone, (here they started debates if we're violating EU laws banning online purchases of booze from another EU member state and in all probability further down the road they' have to lift any restrictions, and so by tobacco orders(within the EU) can not be excluded from this general rule

Reactions: paulfg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
In The coming years that may become the subject of changing cuz this like ruling you have described do opposites the trade rules of the EU free commercial zone, (here they started debates if we're violating EU laws banning online purchases of booze from another EU member state and in all probability further down the road they' have to lift any restrictions, and so by tobacco orders(within the EU) can not be excluded from this general rule
that would be great but I am in Corfu Greece and half the time they dont even confirm to the rules of the rest of Greece let alone the EU:)
and presumably they could still impose what ever taxes they wish

tzanet

Lurker
Jan 26, 2021
Kefalonia Island, Greece
that would be great but I am in Corfu Greece and half the time they dont even confirm to the rules of the rest of Greece let alone the EU:)
and presumably they could still impose what ever taxes they wish
i live in Kefalonia, i buy tobacco from esterval's (Germany) via mail, regularly and without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.