PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
I've looked all over on here for threads on this topic and have come up empty. I curious if anyone here in the states (Florida specifically) has ordered from them and if there were any duties associated with your pipe order? I plan on ordering just one pipe but it's fairly pricey (at least for me) and I don't want it to get confiscated. Also if there are duties, how do I go about paying them and taking possession of my pipe once customs gets their grimey paws on it? Thanks!

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I can't say enough good about them. When I inquired about a pipe I had an e-mail conversation directly with the woman working the counter in the Peterson Store in Ireland !! How cool is that ? She sent me an additional 10 pictures of the pipe from every angle !
Feel confident with them. P.S. I bought the pipe and it arrived 4 days later. Couldn't be happier.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
They are awesome people and Federica Bruno ( Customer Service Representative ) is
the most charming customer service person ever. Will probably travel over one day to meet her in person :)
Communication is spot on.
I ordered from them twice and it was a true pleasure. I'm located in the Netherlands,
so there is no tax issue .

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
They are awesome people and Federica Bruno ( Customer Service Representative ) is
the most charming customer service person ever. Will probably travel over one day to meet her in person :)
Communication is spot on.
I ordered from them twice and it was a true pleasure. I'm located in the Netherlands,
so there is no tax issue .
Very true, I ordered a meerschaum pipe and after placing the order I requested details of the tenon.Frederica replied quickly and after confirming my concerns cancelled the order and refunded me no problem.
I have ordered several times before with great service but I too am in Europe so no tax issues

Reactions: Piping Rooster

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
I ordered the Peterson Pipe Book from them years ago. It took so long to arrive I’d forgotten I ordered it (maybe weeks) and the package arrived open with the book loose inside. I don’t believe it had anything to do with the EU site, though. I expect USPS just lost it for a while, as they sometimes do with even domestic shipments. I would order from them again, though I’d be curious what the return process might be like for pipes.

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
With the way exchange rates are right now, I think it is significantly cheaper to purchase from their EU site than from their US site.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I just checked the US estate pipe section to look at prices as I know those best. The Euro = .99 US dollars so pretty much a break even. I saw no bargains in fact I would say many of the Euro pipes are over priced.

Piping Rooster

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2022
Champa Bay
I just checked the US estate pipe section to look at prices as I know those best. The Euro = .99 US dollars so pretty much a break even. I saw no bargains in fact I would say many of the Euro pipes are over priced.
Im ordering a Peterson Natural spigot from the EU site for $303 compared to the US site which is $345. (Pictures are example not the actual pipe I'm buying)Screenshot_20221102_125214.jpgScreenshot_20221102_125300.jpg

briarfoxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 28, 2021
Tennessee
Great looking pipe, it could be Petersons are just more money in Europe. That has to be one of the best looking Petersons I have ever seen. I hope it smokes as good as it looks.
Maybe estates hold value better in the EU or it may depend on the brand. New Peterson and Savinelli entry level pipes look to be anywhere from 10% to 30% cheaper on the EU site versus the US site.