PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
But more than 50% of my cellar, I haven't even sampled yet. Good thing is, I really haven't not like any tobacco before. Just prefer some more than the others.

Any particular reason your holding off from trying more then 50% of your cellar? That's bananas to me. I probably have more then 120 different tobaccos at this point and there's only 3 blends in there which i havent tried.

I'm with you on the second part, I like most blends and just reach for whatever I'm in the mood for.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Any particular reason your holding off from trying more then 50% of your cellar? That's bananas to me. I probably have more then 120 different tobaccos at this point and there's only 3 blends in there which i havent tried.

I'm with you on the second part, I like most blends and just reach for whatever I'm in the mood for.
No particular reason. I don't smoke much. Maybe a bowl a day or less. I buy some blends because they sound great. I buy some because some say it's great, and I think it would. They basically seat in my cellar waiting their turn. Last tin I opened waited three years and it was great. I hope they will all be great. Things I would smoke right away usually wait a year or so now days. Finding too many weather conditions to my dislike for pipe smoking. I also don't like having too many jars opened at one time. Too many blends in rotation kinda gets my taste confused.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I feel the blind should be entitled to cellar just like the rest of us...... nnnn

I determined early on that I like almost any non-aromatic, so I have filled my cellar with lots of non-aro's, including many that I've not yet tried.

Should I dislike any of them, I'm confident that a trade can be arranged.

1652824364623.png

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Hey Dan, probably I'd say buy what you know you like. I've bought blind before and was pleasantly surprised, but not big quantities (250-500g, I wouldn't drop money for 1kg or more blind).

Really annoying regulations by the way... Worse comes to worst you can always get in a car, drive to Hamburg, around which both Dan Tobacco and Kohlhase & Kopp are located and come back with a boot full of nice stuff!

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Really annoying regulations by the way... Worse comes to worst you can always get in a car, drive to Hamburg, around which both Dan Tobacco and Kohlhase & Kopp are located and come back with a boot full of nice stuff!
Hey Karam, thats a possibility and I think also the plan when the stop on online orders get through, Peter H. in Köln is nearer for me. Estervals is about 900 km round trip.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
Is it the whole of the EU bannign online tobacco sales or just the Netherlands? If it's the latter, than you might be all right.

Otherwise, as suggested, you can start taking weekend trips to Germany, which could be quite fun actually.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
Is it the whole of the EU bannign online tobacco sales or just the Netherlands? If it's the latter, than you might be all right.

Otherwise, as suggested, you can start taking weekend trips to Germany, which could be quite fun actually.
Well it is announced by the Dutch government, but it is allowed in the whole EU as from 2023, where especially the countries suffering from eurofelia will follow suit. Again I might be making assumptions, we all know what the mother if all F ups is

Politics can change with the snap of a finger, but I don't want to risk anything and try to stock up now. And yes a trip to Germany is still a possibility, which doesn't has to be a weekend