Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
I finally did a b-42 system Deluxe sandblast right before Christmas, I loved everything about that pipe, and the first six bowls smoked wonderfully! Unfortunately when I was cleaning it I noticed a crack in the Bowl! I20230116_180158.jpgI contacted smoking pipes to see about a refund or replacement. I love my Petersons though, and this little hiccup definitely didn't scare me away from Peterson's. The same day I sent the pipe back another b42 system Deluxe PS sandblast showed up on their site, I just went ahead and picked it up. Wasn't going to let another one slit Me by LOL!

Reactions: FLDRD

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I finally did a b-42 system Deluxe sandblast right before Christmas, I loved everything about that pipe, and the first six bowls smoked wonderfully! Unfortunately when I was cleaning it I noticed a crack in the Bowl! IView attachment 198451I contacted smoking pipes to see about a refund or replacement. I love my Petersons though, and this little hiccup definitely didn't scare me away from Peterson's. The same day I sent the pipe back another b42 system Deluxe PS sandblast showed up on their site, I just went ahead and picked it up. Wasn't going to let another one slit Me by LOL!
Wow, I guess I’m the luckiest human on the planet. I’ve had hundreds of pipes go through my hands. I’ve never had that happen.

Reactions: FLDRD

Masterblaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2021
Evans, GA
Wow, I guess I’m the luckiest human on the planet. I’ve had hundreds of pipes go through my hands. I’ve never had that happen.
It's possibly the Bowl coating that cracked, but it looks deeper than that to me. We will see what smoking pipe says. Still waiting on a reply from them, after Christmas I guess there's a lot of returns waiting to be looked at! Will keep you all up to date.

Reactions: FLDRD and ashdigger
Dec 27, 2022
Spigot vs standard system is just furniture. If you want extra silver, go for it. Peterson system pipes are very forgiving, but can get funky if you don't regularly swab out the well. Go for the one that has the shape and chamber dimensions you want. A 302 isn't going to smoke any better or worse than a B42. My first Peterson was an estate 314 from around the 50s. Got it on ebay for $70. It was an excellent smoker. I gifted it to a friend and it's his favorite pipe.
Spigots aren’t real systems. The stem doesn’t work as intended. They just slap a spigot on system and charge you more.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Spigots aren’t real systems. The stem doesn’t work as intended. They just slap a spigot on system and charge you more.
System Spigots do have all the internal features minus the extension on the tenon. But since the draught from the chamber ends above the end of the tenon, it works as expected. Both of my System Spigots work just fine as intended.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
System Spigots do have all the internal features minus the extension on the tenon. But since the draught from the chamber ends above the end of the tenon, it works as expected. Both of my System Spigots work just fine as intended.
Can you show a photo of what you mean? I’m having a hard time imagining it.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I finally did a b-42 system Deluxe sandblast right before Christmas, I loved everything about that pipe, and the first six bowls smoked wonderfully! Unfortunately when I was cleaning it I noticed a crack in the Bowl! IView attachment 198451I contacted smoking pipes to see about a refund or replacement. I love my Petersons though, and this little hiccup definitely didn't scare me away from Peterson's. The same day I sent the pipe back another b42 system Deluxe PS sandblast showed up on their site, I just went ahead and picked it up. Wasn't going to let another one slit Me by LOL!
That B-42 System Deluxe is also one of my 3 new Petersons in my drawers waiting for me to open it up and officially "gift" it to myself. Looking forward to whenever that day is.

I got distracted with a few (ok, 4) estate Petes I picked up and haven't gotten to it yet... 3 very large ones from the Sherlock Holmes series, and a Dunmore 77 that smokes really well after I cleaned out an absolute truckload of gunk out of the reservoir. I'd say that whoever had it before didn't even know there was a reservoir. And the P-lip stem is really nice and wide. Doesn't have the "correct" bend to dangle and clench as well as my 314's, but is a pleasure otherwise.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Ah, now I get it. So you’re saying all the systems, except for the spigot system, have the tenon going below the draft hole? But also that the spigot system still smokes dry?
All the System pipes are like that diagram. But in addition to that, System pipes have extension on the bottom of tenon. But System Spigots don't have that extension. However, it functions just fine as System pipe since the draught hole location is where it should be and they do smoke dry as other System pipes.

Reactions: AroEnglish