PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Uncle jimmie

Lurker
May 26, 2021
Am trying to find the name of an online retailer located somewhere in north Carolina. This company used to advertise in pipes & tobaccos magazine. Any help in coming up with the name of this company would be much appreciated.

Reactions: sablebrush52

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Am trying to find the name of an online retailer located somewhere in north Carolina. This company used to advertise in pipes & tobaccos magazine. Any help in coming up with the name of this company would be much appreciated.
Can you offer any additional information? Like, what did they advertise? Or, what are you wanting to purchase from them? (Because there are a number of online retailers who could probably provide what you’re looking for.)

Also: Check out the state-by-state Retailer Directory here, available on the menu at the top of the page.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Daughters and Ryan is a tobacco blender that originated in N.C. and is still here, so far as I know, though I think it changed ownership.

Cornell & Diehl started in a garage in Pennsylvania, but was in Morganton, N.C., for years until they were bought by Laudisi and made part of smoking pipes.com, in South Carolina.

I think the N.C. pipe shops are mentioned in post #4, although I think there is or was another in Cary, N.C., near Raleigh, but I can't recall the name.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
Daughters and Ryan is a tobacco blender that originated in N.C. and is still here, so far as I know, though I think it changed ownership.

Cornell & Diehl started in a garage in Pennsylvania, but was in Morganton, N.C., for years until they were bought by Laudisi and made part of smoking pipes.com, in South Carolina.

I think the N.C. pipe shops are mentioned in post #4, although I think there is or was another in Cary, N.C., near Raleigh, but I can't recall the name.
Unfortunately, I believe the D&R plant in Kenly closed after they were bought out and manufacture moved to the new parent owner. It was a nice little place they had there!

Uncle jimmie

Lurker
May 26, 2021
Thanks to all who answered my inquiry. Sometimes ya just gotta think outside the box. Who would of ever thought that the answer would be found in Google maps. Yep,, i typed in pipe tobacco companies in north carolina and it showed up on the map. It's Monjure International in High Point. Thanks again to everybody who responded. UJ.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
JR use to have a great pipe and cigar shop in Burlington. However, I don't believe they are still there.
Not sure. I see it every time I drive down to Charlotte. But just don't have the urge to stop. But there are still billboards and ton of cars and trucks around it.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
JR use to have a great pipe and cigar shop in Burlington. However, I don't believe they are still there.
They are still in Burlington and Selma. They mainly deal in cigars now but some years ago they had a huge pipe and pipe tobacco selection.

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
Just went to the Burlington website. Looks like they are mainly cigars. They show pipe tobacco but no pipes.
jef

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Do they still have pipes and tobacco there?
jef
They have the staple codger blends and a few tins of which I bought all of the big tubs of SWR, SWRA and. Granger. I took all the racing green and dark strong. Great humidor though. I know the manager at the Selma location is trying to bring back the pipe stuff.

Reactions: Jef

pistolero

Lurker
Sep 27, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Stopped at the Burlington store on the way back from Greensboro a couple days ago. They have a small selection of pipe tobacco. They had Half & Half, Mixture 79, Carter Hall, a selection of Mac Baren tins, and some Escudo. No pipes. The website has more drugstore blends, and some Sutliff, and Lane 5 pound bags.