Brampton,Ontario,Canada
002-491-1160.jpg

002-491-1160_2.jpg

Smoking Pipes Link

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Got to Admit though im feeling a little Cheated, Giving they were in Canada why haven't i seen for example a 1917 Vimy Ridge Edition? Unless it exists and i didn't know. Either way though this one is pretty cool.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
I really like the look of Brigham pipes, and this one in particular is beautiful. Still a little hesitant to pull the trigger on a Brigham, but I have one about three or four down the PAD list. Anyone have experience with them? How do you like it?

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
algenib Brigham pipes are excellent i personally love these pipes great smokers however this one in particular is one of the really expensive ones and i wouldn't recommend spending that kind of money on a Brigham they are great just not 300$ great, you can buy a set for that amount if you look hard enough.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
There are actually a few different 1812 pipes but I completely agree on a Vimy Ridge pipe or a Passchendaele one.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
why haven't i seen for example a 1917 Vimy Ridge Edition
I think this is an anniversary pipe, right? 1812 - 2012? So the Vimy Ridge edition might not be around until 2017.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Brigham pipes. I do hesitate on the rock maple inserts, their unique filter system, only because it is one

more set of items to stockpile with the pipes. I've avoided 9mm filters despite many worthy pipes on that system.

The Dr. Grabow, Medico, and Savenelli balsa inserts are all interchangeable, I understand, so it is less of an issue,

and mostly I leave them out. But Brigham pipes have a commendable style, traditional, yet unique to the brand.

Sooner or later, I will likely own a Canadian pipe of some kind. I do enjoy having representatives from different

nations, with USA solidly represented, and my own state as well, along with England, Ireland, France, Italy, Greece,

Denmark, and ... who am I forgetting? I like the zulu/yacht shape and have two of them, including a fine old

Savenelli 404 that I bought unfinished, that has turned an amazing golden brown.

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
I was eyeballing that one yesterday. I ended up not pulling the trigger because I wasnt a huge fan of the blast/rustication on it for the price. I mean a rad davis pipe for another 1/3 of the price... I dunno. Maybe I'm crazy over here. I'll keep an eye out and see if they release one that is a bit more to my liking.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
This is the second in a three part series covering their POTY offerings for 2012, 2013 and 2014. Each pipe is numbered and only 100 of each POTY will be made. This is the 2013 POTY. All three commemorate the War of 1812. The first was an 8 sided panel billiard: http://www.smokerings.ca/nanaimo-tobacconist/pipes/brigham/pipe-of-the-year-2012/brigham-pipe-of-the-year-2012-side/
I like them, and have been tempted, but for $350 or so I would rather be buying a bespoke piece from an artisan carver.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.