One Major Downside To Giving Up The Pipe.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Since I reluctantly gave up the pipe last year I have been limiting my posts to the general discussion forum and the food and drink forum without realising it.

It has just dawned on me that it was my subconscious mind that was keeping me away from the (perhaps more interesting) forums so I was not tempted to go back to the pipe.

This eureka moment came as I read a PM from another forum member who too has hung up his pipe for health reasons.

I'm still surrounded by pipe smoking paraphernalia, my home made 24 pipe rack is by my side, my kitchen cupboards are brimming with jars of tobacco, my bedroom has boxes full of tins but despite this, though I do hanker for a bowl, I've yet to throw in the towel.

Regards,

Jay ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jay, You are now the proud curator of a fine collection of estate pipes, so you are certainly a part of the Forums scene. Health comes before pipe smoking, although members occasionally dis-remember that. I always enjoy your posts, and look forward to them. No reason to discontinue pipe posts, drawing on your long experience, unless that would soften your resolve to guard your health. Man, keep on keeping on, and keep "piping up."

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You just have to re-purpose your pipe rack to hold your spoons or sex toys. It will make you feel better seeing it put to good use! ?

I, too,enjoy your posts and am glad you still slum around with us.

1585712162671.png #2

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Good on you Jay. It's a challenge to rise to and enjoy the combat. Are you stronger than the pipe? The nicotine?
I'm enjoying the little wins I experience everyday. So far I've been the one in control. Now, in a couple of months I'll reconsider my benevolent attidude towards my heart but, until then I'l be pumping fully oxygenated blood to and through the old, abused ticker.

Hang in there!

Reactions: mawnansmiff
Status
Not open for further replies.