PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Okay.. I have a very high nicotine tolerance and I am in search of a blend or straight tobacco that will knock me on my ass with the amount of nicotine. I have tried several blends that people say have high nicotine but doesnt. I have Stokkebye 314 Dark Fired Kentucky, I have tried Royal Yacht, I have combined straight burley with DFK etc etc and they do not do anything for me.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of the crown jewel of extremely high nicotine tobacco?

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
Out of all the blends I have, HH Rustica is the strongest to me. I have a super high N tolerance, and I just about can't smoke Rustica. I love the taste, but I'll end up with my head on my desk after every bowl. Nothing else is even close to me (HB, Big Burley, OJK, CD Burley flakes, etc.)

I can't make myself smoke the twists due to taste. I'm sure some of those weird ones you can't find are super strong (i.e. Tambolaka).

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Strongest I've smoked is Motzek's Dark Twist, stronger than Rustica, and a lot tastier. Rustica is a nice experiment in my opinion but doesn't do it for me as I get a bitterness out of it I don't enjoy.

Gawith brown ropes and blends with tons of Dark Fired are also strong, but not insanely strong. What's strong anyway, for me strong is getting hick-ups and only got that the first time I smoked Dark Twist.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Strongest I've smoked is Motzek's Dark Twist, stronger than Rustica, and a lot tastier. Rustica is a nice experiment in my opinion but doesn't do it for me as I get a bitterness out of it I don't enjoy.

Gawith brown ropes and blends with tons of Dark Fired are also strong, but not insanely strong. What's strong anyway, for me strong is getting hick-ups and only got that the first time I smoked Dark Twist.
Taste is absolutely important bc if it tastes like cigarettes then it wont work for me. However, topping it with liquor or something may make it tastier.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Old Joe Krantz routinely gives me the nic hiccups. I quit a pack a day cigarette habit with it. I also find it delicious, big musty barnyard (in the good sense) flavors and a Perique punch that isn’t too spicy in my opinion. Really tasty burley, too. It’s my fishing blend, but I can also enjoy it as a sort of contemplative smoke out on the porch.

Rustica is strong, too, but I don’t like the flavor much. It’s all of the flavors I don’t like in an IPA in smoke form, if that makes sense.

Five Brothers has some nicotine, as does Ryback. Good fast smoking shag cuts for when you want a quick and strong smoke.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If you want nicotine buy a pack of Pall Mall unfiltered cigarettes. There isn't a pipe tobacco on the market that can beat those.
Most of us smoke pipes for the flavors they offer. They are unique and complex and the variety is huge. In my experience the highest nicotine blends taste like shit. You want flavor I can give you a list of some to try.

GH&co Dark Flake unscented, any of their twists. The brown twists are more flavorful and stronger.
Cotton Boll Twist is a multi-use tobacco that is sold online, but it depends on your state as to whether they'll ship it to you. Do a Google search, a lot of Native American tobacco sites sell it. I love it, and I have a whole shelf full of it.
C&D Burley Flake #1, I give it a lot of love. It's probably my favorite right now.

Phhhht, don't listen to these light weights. Traditionally pipe tobacco, before it became a corporate made thing, was always very strong. Burleys and rusticas. I mean, sure, I like a Virginia every now and then, but it's just for the affectation of keeping something lit in my pipe while I work, tastes, flavor, that sort of stuff. Makes the house smell good. But, at the end of the day, give me a sledge hammer. These guys wouldn't understand.

Phhht Old Dark Fired and Royal Yacht... they'll bore you to death long before you feel the nicotine. puffy

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
In my experience the highest nicotine blends taste like shit.
No doubt at all, you're more experienced than me by light years, however I'd disagree with the above. I think it is actually VERY tricky to make a very high nic blend be smooth and taste great, but there are plenty out there that fit the bill, like the Gawith house DFK blends and their ropes.

No doubt at all, you're more experienced than me by light years, however I'd disagree with the above. I think it is actually VERY tricky to make a very high nic blend be smooth and taste great, but there are plenty out there that fit the bill, like the Gawith house DFK blends and their ropes.
Yep, I like all sorts of tobaccos. But, sometimes I want a pipe tobacco or a cigar that I could just squeeze the black goo out of, greasy, thick smoke, robust, flavor you share with the whole neighborhood. Nasty... that's it, sometimes I just want nasty, but yet cosmopolitan... a well educated, enlightened, sledgehammer. for the experienced. puffy

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Yep, I like all sorts of tobaccos. But, sometimes I want a pipe tobacco or a cigar that I could just squeeze the black goo out of, greasy, thick smoke, robust, flavor you share with the whole neighborhood. Nasty... that's it, sometimes I just want nasty, but yet cosmopolitan... a well educated, enlightened, sledgehammer. for the experienced. puffy
You know what, I like to describe myself as a "discerning pig" when it comes to food, and smoking is a lot like food too! In fact I can't think of any of the lighter stuff I smoke that I don't think it could be improved if it had some more nic.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have tried ropes and other stronger blends but didn't care for any. Peterson Irish Flake is the strongest blend in my cellar as it has some nice flavors. I get nothing in terms of nicotine as I have had it in my system for 50 years. When I tried some SG ropes they didn't have much flavor. They taste like tobacco, I mean a bad cigar or cigarette tobacco. The ropes tasted like smoked meat. I don't want my blends to taste like that and they really have no complexity to my tas. I like all kinds of Va, Vaper and Vabur/Kentucky blends that are either flakes or plugs and one rope. I carry 43 different blends in my cellar and I don't look for any new tobacco and only buy aged tins. Before I built my cellar in 2012 I tried a ton of blends to see what was tasty enough to make the final cut. I had no perceived notions as to how these GH and SG flakes and ropes would taste like. I ended up loading up on SG Best Brown,FVF,St James(around 12-14 pounds each) and Kendal Plug only a couple of pounds. Nothing from GH made the cut but I only tried 3. Once I tried that Ennerdale, it really turned me off to any type of Lakeland flavors.

I was glad people were buying the GH stuff as I was able to build a 20-25 year cellar in less than a year.

I am sure that people who don't know me probably think I am an asshole for bashing GH but honestly if anyone finds a blend they love I am genuinely happy for them as hitting on something you love can be a test with so many available blends. I am originally from Boston and ball busting is a sport where I come from.

If anyone feels like I have insulted them, please believe me when I say that is never my intention. If anyone wants to bust my balls have at it, I am a believer, don't dish it out if you cannot take it.
My bashing of GH has been going on since 2012, hey at least I am consistent. I wish I did like it honestly as I would have loaded up like I did on the SG flakes. Also back in 2012, there were never any shortages, you could buy all you wanted and that was an enticing piece of the puzzle I was building. I was really pissed that I didn't like SG XX Black or SG rope no 4 as I wanted a few ropes in my cellar. Right now only Curly Block is my only rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.