Status
Not open for further replies.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
man that blend sounds right up my alley. I have no idea what's in it besides tobacco. But pretty much anything pirate seems to jive well with me.

It is very complex aromatic. It has some notes of rum and spices. Almost like Christmas spices, but not quite. It's really hard to explain. You have to taste it to understand what I mean. It definitely has that "old timey" aromatic flavor, room note, and aroma.

Seamaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
Scotland
epicthread.gif

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Where in the US can you buy grass-fed beef? Is that a niche market? Why?
That's an interesting question actually. [To which I don't have the answer]

Americans are among the highest consumers of beef.
A doco showed where the majority of U.S. beef is farmed; in feed lots where cattle stand shoulder to shoulder being fed an abysmal diet of corn [Mostly GMO Frankencrap corn]
These feed lots go as far as the eye can see.

I'm sure that some cattle get to eat actual grass in a paddock where they're free to roam but 80% of grass fed beef is imported.
U.S. grass fed beef no doubt goes to the high end restaurant trade.

[While on the subject I'm reminded of the African immigrant who was running for public office (Senator IIRC) who said ''Why do we need farms when you can just buy your food at a supermarket?'']

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Jeremy Reeves of Cornell & Diehl, talks about Aromatic Tobacco in the same context.

Aromatic - having a pleasant and distinctive smell.

While it is true, there are blends that are the stereotypical of what are considered and sold as Aromatic blends.

Other blends that have a pleasant and distinctive smell too, could be considered, as Aromatic, at least by the definition of the word.

Depending on how we came into the pipe world, and continue onward, our perceptions have been shaped, but the definition of the word Aromatic is quite clear.

Maybe the word Aromatic is long over due, and should be better incorporated into the tobacco blender wording dictionary, so when someone considers the word again, while looking at something not typically defined as an Aromatic, but is explained it does have a Pleasant Room Note, then the world of Tobacco and Aromatics changes.

Or does the Tobacco world want to keep Cherry in it’s own corner... LOL

Just a small joke, since cherry has been so popular, but I didn’t seriously mean that for all Aromatic pleasant Room Note blends.

P.S. I too when I think of Aromatic Tobacco have thought of the typical, but when I considered the meaning of the word Aromatic, and a Pleasant Room Note, I am now rethinking this as a Pipe Smoker.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Jeremy Reeves of Cornell & Diehl, talks about Aromatic Tobacco in the same context.

Aromatic - having a pleasant and distinctive smell.

While it is true, there are blends that are the stereotypical of what are considered and sold as Aromatic blends.

Other blends that have a pleasant and distinctive smell too, could be considered, as Aromatic, at least by the definition of the word.

Depending on how we came into the pipe world, and continue onward, our perceptions have been shaped, but the definition of the word Aromatic is quite clear.

Maybe the word Aromatic is long over due, and should be better incorporated into the tobacco blender wording dictionary, so when someone considers the word again, while looking at something not typically defined as an Aromatic, but is explained it does have a Pleasant Room Note, then the world of Tobacco and Aromatics changes.

Or does the Tobacco world want to keep Cherry in it’s own corner... LOL

Just a small joke, since cherry has been so popular, but I didn’t seriously mean that for all Aromatic pleasant Room Note blends.

P.S. I too when I think of Aromatic Tobacco have thought of the typical, but when I considered the meaning of the word Aromatic, and a Pleasant Room Note, I am now rethinking this as a Pipe Smoker.
Yes, you make an interesting point.

I'm not a fan of goopy aromatics - the ones I bought without first trying I simply blended 50/50 with Windsail Virginia that resulted in a much better blend for my tastes.

To distinguish a semi-aro that's been flavoured with subtlety from a goopy aro, it might help if the latter comes under it's own classification; like ''Heavily sauced by some poor bastard who has lost all sense of taste and smell''?

Status
Not open for further replies.