PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Haven’t been doing much pipe stuff recently. Lots of surgery’s and didn’t have the energy to get out in the shop. Been doing a lot better recently and doing a trip to Rammstein for work and limit on travel while here. Is there a local tobacco shop that is worth checking out? I’d like to get a German ceramic pipe while I’m here, along with a carved briar pipe too. Is there any one local to this area?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Haven’t been doing much pipe stuff recently. Lots of surgery’s and didn’t have the energy to get out in the shop. Been doing a lot better recently and doing a trip to Rammstein for work and limit on travel while here. Is there a local tobacco shop that is worth checking out? I’d like to get a German ceramic pipe while I’m here, along with a carved briar pipe too. Is there any one local to this area?
Du Hast?

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
If you mean Ramstein, Germany, there are several local newspaper dealers that sell magazines, papers, cigs, cigars, pipes, tobacco, accessories, sweets, etc. You just have to look.

However, as a former resident of the Kaiserslautern Military Community for about eight years (Ramstein AB and Sembach AB) here's my recommendation for the best place...Tabaklädsche Dieter Kitzmann. It's close to the town of Ramstein. Here's the addy: Marktstraße 20, 67655 Kaiserslautern, Germany.

They have a wide range of tobacco blends (tins and pouches), pipes, and also a really decent selection (some of the best cigars I've ever had came out of that spot) of cigars in the keller (basement). You can find the more expensive high-end pipes and less expensive basket pipes there too. Went there at least every two weeks while my wife would shop the local economy (as we would say). A lot of presents came from that store.

Great dude, Dieter, the proprietor. Very affable cat. Best staff, nice people, free drinks if you're in the mood for socializing along with a smoke. Be prepared to talk about local/national football (soccer), the weather, farming, politics, religion, heck, just about anything. Man, I miss that place and that time...the freakin' salad years. OK, on a drift.

Check out the spot on Google for ratings and more information. You won't want to miss this opportunity. If and when I get back to the K-Town area, that'll be at the top of my list for places to go. Enjoy!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Du definitely hast! (that song makes zero sense, if you understand German)

We lived in nearby Landstuhl in the 70's. Whenever my Grandfather visited from Karlsruhue, we would go into a tobacconist in town for his pipe tobacco. Not sure its still there of course. Take some pix from your trip. Landstuhl had a small castle, which I remember being pretty cool K-town was the big city for sure!

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Was able to make it to Tabaklädsche Dieter Kitzmann. Very nice shop, picked up a couple of pipes and some cigars. Saw a antique store that was letting one person in at a time so I was able to go in. Picked up some porcelain pipes up and a tankard.

Reactions: archerdarkpint

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Following up on my original post. Mailed the porcelain pipes home along with the Stein everything made it except the Stein. It looked like Ace Ventura delivered it. Box was ripped open on the side. I had news papers and 3 layers of bubble wrap around it. Gonna have a lot of work trying to put it back together.
25C7FC6E-9736-4485-9B7C-9DC387E16218.jpeg
I found another Antique store and picked up a different Stein that did make it, however I didn’t get pictures of it.

While out I found a very nice shop called Neiders Laden that had a nice selection of pipes. I picked up a clay, churchwarden, and my first Vauen. Gonna hand carry these all home.

D1BD0609-46C6-4674-8EE2-8E26268C701B.jpeg