PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
How old are you? When did you start smoking a pipe? What was the first tobacco you smoked regularly and what do you smoke now? How many pipes do you have and did you ever stop buying pipes?

I’m 22,586 days old, and started smoking a pipe about 4800 days ago (in late 2007). Plum Pudding was my first go-to tobacco; I still enjoy it but nowadays skew heavily towards Virginias and VaPers. I’m not certain exactly how many pipes I have but would guess around 150. My buying is erratic, but probably averages one new pipe evety few months. I say “new” but I’d guess over half are estates (mostly old Brit wood) and the rest are artisan pipes primarily bought new from the carver.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I borrowed one of my dads pipes when I was around 12 went to drug store, got my pouch of Burkum Riff and then me ana buddy proceeded to burn out mouths off. Fast forward to around 1997 and a cigar buddy worked on me for like 3 weeks and I finally got a pipe and have been smoking them since. I haven't smoke a cigar in years.

I am 63 years old and smoke 4-6 bowls per day. Most all of my pipes are group 4-5 and light enough to clench. If you don't know clenching is when you stick the pipe in your ass, clench hard and then blow out some smoke. You have to turn quickly to suck up the smoke. Wicked Pissa right? I said I was 63, never said I acted my age.

Status
Not open for further replies.