PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
I’m 46. I have been smoking a pipe for 5 years. I really only smoke a few tobaccos. HH Arcadian is by far my favorite. I also like really any unflavored va/per.some English here and there. And no ,I love pipes, collecting them is sort of a passion. I love old British pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Let's say north of seventy, smoking on and off for about 42 years. Started with Tinder Box aromatics, North Sea, and some others, renamed Lanes blends I think. Now I smoke a crazy variety because of Forums. I think it is about 93 pipes, culling and trading for store credit every few years, and still buying now and then. I think I may be a year or two younger than brad and about the same age as sable. But I'm not sure.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
How old are you?
When did you start smoking a pipe?
May 1991
What was the first tobacco you smoked regularly and what do you smoke now?
Prince Albert Soft Vanilla now mostly Virgina/Orientals and aromatics.

How many pipes do you have and did you ever stop buying pipes?
Two years ago I was at 180+ and threw out 140 of them. Now I just buy Bruce Weaver and Savinelli yachtsman estates, and J. Everett commissions.

Reactions: gamzultovah

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
-46 going on 92

-April of 2020

-Prince Albert, Carter Hall, PS Norwegian, PS Turkish, PS Amsterdam, Lane 1-Q, and a smattering of Tinderbox potpourri blends. I smoke the same stuff now minus the aromatics, which I kind of don't care for.

-Don't remember exactly how many pipes I have, but definitely more than 40 pipes. I haven't bought a new one in a few months, the only things I'm still looking out for are a black Kirsten D and 2 extra finishes for each of my Briarworks/Moonshine pipes.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I’m 33.

First pipe was when I was ~13. Regularly smoking when I was 19.

Carter Hall was the first I ever tried. Balkan Sasieni is what made me dive in deep. I mostly smoke VAs lately, but I smoke everything with aromatics being the least. I only smoke those when “sensitive” types are around.

I have 11 pipes, only 8 of which I really smoke. I prefer to drop whatever money I can spare on tobacco instead of pipes, but I have been itching for something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.