PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Does anyone else have fond memories of some of the old English and Balkan style blends from the Tinderbox?
I was a regular there, years ago when their stores were more common. I smoked their Burley #2 blend as my mainstay but for Christmas or other occasion my wife would treat me to one of the sampler packs they offered. I generally went with the English style assortment. My taste buds weren't as cultivated in those days I guess, because while I appreciated them, I didn't want to switch. I did find their blends called "Connoissuer", "Epicurean" and "Philosopher" to be quite enjoyable. I believe "Philosopher" is still available, but I'm not sure if it's the same blend.
Anyone know of an equivalent to these?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I believe that most of the Tinder Box blends were from Lane Ltd., and Peter Stokkebye.

For example: The Tinder Box called Lane Ltd. 1Q Wilshire

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I remember smoking an aromatic from Tinderbox called Norsegold. Have no idea what Lane tobacco that would be but it was a yellow and black ribbon cavandish. Used to go to the Tinderbox in Bellevue when in WA wonder if they are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.