PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
While at the Pipe Show in Columbus our very own Bigvan introduced me to a gentleman from southeastern Wisconsin by the name of Joe Nelson. Joe is the carver and creator of Old Nellie pipes. Long story short I'm now the proud owner of excellent smoking oil cured Old Nellie.
I highly recommend you check Joe’s fine work at Old Nellie Pipes
AvonLake-20110829-00012.jpg
:puffy:
Edit: Fixed the link, Bubba

Edit: Re-fixed the link, Kevin

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Yeah, I don't think that link is "fixed", Bubba.
But all anyone has to do is a search for Old Nellie Pipes and they'll find it with no problems.

sartre

Lurker
Feb 29, 2012
Very nice pipe! I actually own four Old Nellie pipes, and I prefer them to other brands I have including Randy Wiley and Radice. I'll try to post pics soon.

frodo

Lurker
Feb 28, 2012
Yep met Joe in Columbus also! Nice guy and great pipes. I almost pulled the trigger on a nice Lovat he had.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
This is a "Paneldog" that Joe did for the Richmond Pipe Show last year. There are 24 panels on the bead alone!
JoeNelsonPanelDog01.jpg

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I saw a paneled Bulldog that Joe made and entered in the Pipes & Tobacco contest a year or so ago that was the epitome of both a panel pipe and a bulldog pipe. His work is incredible. The pictured bulldog above is a great example of his work and a real stunner. His work is surely in demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.