PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Hey Edwin, a great big howdy from Spokane, WA!

skyride.jpg
Good Morning Pipe-Hound,

I worked in Spokane a little more than 30 years ago, though I lived north of Spokane, just by Newport on the Idaho border (I bought 25 acres and built a house - sold the land and the house when I left in 1991). but there was no work there so I traveled to Spokane every day (hard journey in the winter). I managed Restaurants. I was the General Manager of International House Of Pancakes (before they started using the logo IHOP) and I worked at Marie Calendar's. Spokane was a beautiful town (I do not know if it is so great now more than 30 years later).

Have a great day and thanks for the welcome.
Edwin

Reactions: Pipe-Hound

Pipe-Hound

Lurker
Nov 15, 2019
Spokane, WA
Hey Edwin, yes that drive from Newport to Spokane and back again during the winter had to have been a bear! I made the daily commute for a year from St. Maries, Idaho. It wore me out!

Reactions: Edwin Weaver

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Hey Edwin, yes that drive from Newport to Spokane and back again during the winter had to have been a bear! I made the daily commute for a year from St. Maries, Idaho. It wore me out!
Hello Pipe-Hound,

It was a bear, I have seen bears along that route. In fact, one night after closing the restaurant while driving home, I saw something dark ahead. When I got closer I could see it was a moose. I got to the far right and went by as gently and quietly as possible so it would not attack (my car was small).
I have pleasant memories and unpleasant memories about those drives home. but I still like Spokane and the area.

Have a great day and a better smoke.
Edwin

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
Edwin, you ain't the only old man smokin...rotf
76L8Vfz.jpg
Good Morning weezel,

I am jealous, I love the hat. I had one just like it a few years back, that I had had for many year, but lost it. I do miss that hat. I can see some of your 'tins' of tobacco in the back.

Have a Great day and a better smoke, which it looks like you are doing.
Edwin

Status
Not open for further replies.