PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
With Dunhill pipes from the 1920s (now therefore a century old)--discolored dots are not uncommon. All in all, an absolutely wonderful find that looks entirely unmolested (no small thing to my mind--between the old habit of having pipes buffed monthly at the local pipe ship, and the current ebay mania for make-it-shiny-bling-"restoration"). It simply needs a little tic and gentle cleaning. And perhaps a replacement flanged innertube (which the 1917 patent calls for).

VERY nice find. The oval stemmed Canadian ES is a decidedly uncommon shape although it did get its 15 minutes of fame in the lavish 1939 edition of About Smoke. Smokingpipes sang the shape's praises upon offering a 1953 shell, indicating they'd had "but four pass through our hands."

dunhill1939.JPG

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That pipe is an absolute monster
A Paul Bunyan Canadian? :)

Please put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.