PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pondfisher

Might Stick Around
Dec 23, 2019
East Lansing, MI
Little update....I tried the coffee ground method on both pipes. Had some hazelnut coffee grounds that I packed in the bowles and let sit for 2 days. Cleaned them out and let them sit for another day.
and
Just smoked some latakia blend I just purchased from a local tobacco shop in the Comoy's and I am happy to report that most of that flowery smell has vanished. I don't know if my mind was playing games with me but I thought I could detect a slight scent. Its so slight though that I am content. I can finally enjoy my pipe!

Have not given my Falcon a go but I think the bowl is good to go...the aluminum stem might need some work though since I can still smell eau de fleurs from it.

Thanks for the assist!!!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I recently went on an estate pipe splurge and ending up buying 5 pipes in two months. Two of these pipes (70's Falcon and a Comoy's apple) had a sweet old lady perfume smell that doesn't do it for me.

I first started by cleaning the entire pipe from stem to bowl with pipe cleaners soaked in first Bourbon, then Vodka. Pulled up and out alot of tar and buildup from both pipes. It seemed to help but I could still smell that grandmas smell that again...doesn't do it for me.

I then stuffed the bowl with cotton balls and added Vodka and let that sit for an hour or so. Damnit if the smell still lingers.

The smell is sweet and floral. After a little research, some may call it a "lakeland" ghost but ill be honest in saying I would not know a lakeland ghost if it sat on my lap.

Any advice?
learn to love that fragrance. If you can't do anything about it, you might not really have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.