PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
The blend description and reviews of OJK have convinced me to try it. The "white" variety seems intriguing, too. While I've read Jimlinks' reviews, I'm interested in more side-by-side comparisons before deciding whether to buy the latter (I have quite of bit to purchase and can't buy everything at once).
Any OJK veterans out there?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've only had the original OJK blend that was around for years before others were introduced. Aren't there three or four other versions by now ... anyway, there are a few. I hope it wasn't a mistake to add multiple choices, though I guess for marketing they are playing on the popularity of the original and the name recognition. With so many tins and jars of various blends in waiting, I don't think I'll be trying any other OJK soon, but I'd be open to them. The original is a winner in my book, strong but not harsh. Plus as Forums knows, I am a burley fan.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
The OJK original is fantastic. I am very pleased with the original and, on my tobacco budget, I'd rather spend $ on what I know I like than put that limited $ toward blend-variations of what I like.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Love the original so much, would not even consider buying the others. Period...

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I have a feeling that the others were "work in progress", and Jeremy and Co decided to release them.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not sure that this relates to this particular series of pipe blends, but one important marketing principle of Costco is to not offer too many different choices to the consumer, which only stymies the purchasing process so customers tend to put off or skip particular selections. I'm sure it's enjoyable to develop different versions of OJK, since it is already a success, but it might not be a good sales tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.