Old Cutter Top Tin of Tobacco You Have Enjoyed!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Over the years I have thrown up the odd 'cutter top' tin I have shared with a forum member who generously shares with the rest of the community. I know Papipe (John) and myself cracked open a 1912 can of cube cut pipe tobacco the summer before last and smoked it with a few glasses of genuine Prohibition Scotch from 1923. It was breath taking, fresh and tasted like nothing we had ever encountered before. What have you smoked?

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Just purchased a cutter top of Rattray's Professional from Pipestud. That will be the Christmas smoke with my pal Richard (manager at the Gatlinburlier if anyone has been there). Professional is not my favorite from Rattray, but Rattray is my favorite brand and when it comes to cutter tops in good condition you takes what you sees. I'm excited to see how it smokes.

Reactions: greeneyes

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Greeneyes, let us know how the Black Mallory has changed. I don't think Professional has ever had much Latakia so I don't expect even a memory of it at this point, but I'd like to hear how Black Mallory has changed, it's my favorite from old Charles.

Reactions: greeneyes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Greeneyes, let us know how the Black Mallory has changed. I don't think Professional has ever had much Latakia so I don't expect even a memory of it at this point, but I'd like to hear how Black Mallory has changed, it's my favorite from old Charles.
I didn't even think to compare, actually. I have some of the new stuff in a jar. I'll check this weekend. I have some unopened Professional (Rattray's & McConnell after) too. I seriously need to catch up on my smoking.

Reactions: lochinvar
Status
Not open for further replies.