PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Anybody got a clue about this pipe below?? Looks like a one-off done by an amateur.
Old%20Pipe%201_zpspfz6wjqc.jpg

Old%20Pipe%202_zpspp3ujp7m.jpeg

Old%20Pipe%203_zpsrlq7in0h.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Homemade for sure. I bet it was done with minimal tools, maybe just a pocket knife.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
It is a weather proof type pipe. Pretty sure the bit is home made but original pipe part was purposely manufactured at some point. The drilling and tolerances to make that work, I doubt that someone could easily throw it together. I cant say for sure that it home made, no one can at this point, but Im leaning toward part of it being manufactured.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Pretty sure the bit is home made but original pipe part was purposely manufactured at some point. The drilling and tolerances to make that work, I doubt that someone could easily throw it together.
Exactly so. If home made, it was by someone with access to some shop machinery and knew how to use it.
All in all a fascinating specimen. Someone would have to REALLY want to smoke in a drafty and/or tinder-filled place to go to the trouble of smoking it, which makes me think such conditions might have been part of their job. It was that or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.