PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Hello All;

I realize I can send this back to Arrango, have the form printed and everything but... The lift arm isn't closing tight enough, allowing the butane to leak out. I get one day to a fill. I don't see any obvious way to tighten the way it seats. Anyone have any insight before I box it up and send it in? I have been using a rubber band to hold the arm down tight and that solves my problem.

Mike S.

Reactions: Dudditz and jpmcwjr

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
It may or may not solve the problem (brilliant insight, right ?) I've had an issue with my Old Boy leaking fuel and have had it fixed twice, once by Arango and once by Music City or whatever their name is. I also suspected the lid wasn't shutting and did a thorough cleaning, but to no avail. I read somewhere that over filling may wear out the seals, so it may be my fault, but it's getting frustrating. Sending it in again.

Reactions: Dudditz and jpmcwjr

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
I am of no value to a solution on this thread, HOWEVER...you sir have just enlightened me as to why my Old Boy may be doing the same thing. I took a look...and what do you know? Same thing. Thanks for the insight. Please let us know how you made out and if that was in fact the issue.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Why not just put a dab of two part epoxy or superglue inside the cap? Once dry, it should seal without issue. Just a thought.
I'm not certain, but I believe the cap being in the fully up position opens the valve that lets the gas flow. The part of the cap that closes over the nozzle is for protection, not to stop the gas flow. At least that's what appears to be going on, but I won't swear to any of it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Streeper541

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I'm not certain, but I believe the cap being in the fully up position opens the valve that lets the gas flow. The part of the cap that closes over the nozzle is for protection, not to stop the gas flow. At least that's what appears to be going on, but I won't swear to any of it. :rolleyes:
I will say this. With the rubber band in place, holding the lift arm snug between uses, it holds the gas.

Mike S.

Reactions: Streeper541