PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I hope this is the proper area of the forums to post this!
I am looking for any pipe smokers in the Edmond, OKC, Moore, and Norman areas that would like to meet once a month or once a week and enjoy a smoke and maybe a drink together while we disscuss new pipe, review differnt tobaccos, and sample differnt blends. Anyone interested? I hope I am not the only person from Oklahoma on here!

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Hey Bubba, I am in Oklahoma (barely, half the town is OK and the other half is AR) near the Arkansas and Oklahoma border is that anywhere near you? Judging by the cities you named though it doesn't seem to be but just thought I would ask. I would love to join a pipe smoking club but have no idea where to start my search.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Well it is actually no where near me but I do travel to Tulsa a ton, I might have to drive the extra hour or so and met up for a smoke! How far are you from Tulsa?
I have been looking for an Oklahoma Pipe Smokers Club and haven't found a single one, I decided I am probably going to have to be the person to start one...

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
If you want something done you have to do it yourself. I tend to agree with that haha. I am an hour and a half from Tulsa so still a ways out sort of but I wouldn't mind meeting up somewhere for a smoke. Hopefully we can locate a pipe smokers club and figure something out.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Hmm seems pretty desolate. I would be coming from around West Siloam, OK. Maybe we can find a place that it pro-smoking since I don't see there are any tobacco shops on google maps. Maybe you can have better luck finding a place.

tsgourley

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
Hey guys,
I'm a pipe smoker in Moore and I've also been looking for a local club or group to hang with. There aren't very many good places in the metro area for pipe smokers it seems with the exception of Royal Pipes/Plantations in Norman and a few scattered in OKC.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Hey guys I my B&M to watch OU's first game (Pay per view) and I met a group of four guys that started a club called The Briar Boys, and you are now talking to the newest member!

jhsimpson

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Glad to see a possible club starting in my home state. Grew up in OKC (French Market Mall area) and now reside in 'Baja Oklahoma' aka Dallas, TX
Go Sooners!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
That is interesting Jhsimpson, I am from Dallas now living in Oklahoma for school. I live near SMU in Dallas and frequent the Tobacco Gallery in Preston Center at Preston and Northwest Highway. Just wondering if you have ever been there?

jhsimpson

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Favorite Store = Tobacco Cabana off 67 in CedarHill. Jim Klipp is very knowledgeable and the store is equally balanced between cigar and pipe.
Other stores I will drop in on if in the neighborhood are Addison Cigar, Up in Smoke (NorthPark store - the other locations are lame-o) Sir Elliot's (Plano) and Calypso (Richardson)
I've visited Tobacco Gallery. Not bad but their focus is Cigar. I guess I'm a bit of a snob and I don't particularly like the smell of Cigar smoke. Tobacco Gallery each time I've visited has had a poker game going where they cover up the display cases with a make shift playing area. So shopping the store is cumbersome with all the stogies going.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha ya the Tobacco Gallery is very cigar oriented. They have a small collection of estate pipes and pipe tobaccos but as you say they all smoke cigars in the store. I believe I am the only smoker that comes with a pipe only. I just have become good friends with the guys there so I enjoy it. I can see though with the poker games that it can get a little out of hand. Bob, the owner, has cut back on the games to once a week for the most part. He also has made them use the knife display instead of the pipe display. Hopefully that will help though.
As far as the shops you listed, I frequently go to the Up In Smoke across from North Park. I stopped going though when they had the issues with the landlord and not being able to smoke in the store. Do you know if this has been resolved? If so then I will shop there next time I am in town and smoke a bowl.
As far as your favorite place I don't go that far out I mainly stay around downtown where I live. But maybe I will check it out sometime I am feeling adventurous haha.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Let me know. I get to oklahoma city sometimes.usually hit ZT cigars;and will spend the day there if I can manage it. Probably won't be back there till next year(lots on my plate) ; but I will be back.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
The Briar Boys huh,...I like it!! Got your number Bubba and really look forward to getting together with some guys at the B&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.