PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
...otherwise known as Briar Acquisition Disorder...Just had these guys hit the mailbox- 3 Large Mimmo GradeII...and 1 Extra Large Makis from Greece...I'm working on something special for Harris that needs some pretty amazing grain, and this is the only way to do it- buy a few, sand them and see what pops...The worse part about this disorder is you spend $45 or so a block for this quality...and still run this risk of flaws, or weak grain, or screwing up an amazing piece of wood...I'll keep ya posted on the progress...
jtm78j.jpg

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Keep the pics going...Looking forward to these pieces of wood turned into works of art !!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
This is the pipe that I have asked Zack to make for me. I am not expecting the kind of grain this pipe has, but it is the shape that I really want. Dublins are probably my favorite shape and this one is my dream pipe. I have put some major pressure on Zack, but I am sure he can come through for me. The pipe is a Jess Chonowitsch.
jess2-173x600.jpg

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
Reminds me a bit of a Tom Eltang Snail, which is a fantastic looker but $1700 is way out of my target range after my recent TAD attacks.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
It will be interesting- the guys like Jess, Teddy and others are handpicking the best briar directly from the mill. These are going to be some nice blocks- I’ll more after I sand them down and get some water on them...

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Very cool guys. I love to see virgin blocks ready for the creative process. And a classic Dublin shape ... can’t be beat.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Zak, I can appreciate the gamble you take with the raw materials having discussed the topic with Chris Besse, who has had tough luck so far in the % of flawed block he's been getting.

Are you taking a chunk of cigarmaster's cellar in payment? Seems fair to receive exclusive value for value, and we all know by now that Mr Harris has a cellar full.

I really don't expect an answer, just ruminating on the transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.