PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I dont eat out much and when I do its hardly ever fast food as my idea of fast food is a Malard in mid flight.

Anyway I took my kids and wife to see my dad as this would be prolly the last time they can make it to see him added to the fact that he is my 3 yr olds best friend and its taking a toal on him as he dont know whats going on just grandpa isnt talking to him or holding him. Back to my point my son was hungry so I stoped at Buger King to get him a Buger and when I walked in I was in shock tv screens for menues the pop machien was touchscreen with 12 different flavors of coke. and you could even talk to it to tell it what you want. what the hell was I on the starship enterprise? In short I didnt like it at all Just too modren for me I am allready longing for the old ways. last 2 bucks I spend there.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
No, you're not old or something. You're just resisting the trend to remove personal, face to face contact from everything. Keyboards and touch screens are going to replace real human interaction. How much you wanna bet that someone, somewhere is working on a real Orgasmatron?

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I agree with you, that's too much flash. But if you wanted one more reason to shun the Burger King, here is a concept I still can not get my head around: The Bacon Sundae. Is it breakfast? Is it dessert? I think it's awful idea.
I hope you and your family had a safe trip.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I hate that stupid 30 sodas in one machine. It just doesn't taste the same as the sodas they try to immitate.
It mixes a flavored syrup with carbonated water while it's pouring into your cup to be able to make all the different sodas.
I like the idea, but it's just not the same.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey not only that but they are now serving a bacon sundae. Ice crea, chocolate and carmel syrup, and bacon. Haven't tried it but heard it was good.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I am down with the bacon sunday. its all about how the flavor mix the salty smokey tast with the sweetness of the ice cream and toppings will go good together.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
We have enough good local burger joints here, I don't ever go to BK. I do like Arbys though. Been eating there since I was little. My only complaint is that Light Lemonade crap. God it's awful.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I was in a Mediterranean restaurant that had what looked like your basic tea urn. However, it had a touch screen that offered 4 different teas from the same spout. So much for getting fresh, lol. The future is here, better living through chemistry.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
We can put a man on the moon and make a soda machien with 100 different sodas but cant invent a pocket you know what that feels like the real thing.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I know what he's talking about, that "Pocket Fisherman" is nothing like the real thing! And it doesn't even really fit in your pocket that well!!!

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I like the machines, those face to face interactions are not very plesent when you can't understand the immigrant tryin to take your order at McDonalds -_- as for the fountain drinks its really not the same, then again I haven't had a soda since 2006 so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know the real thing anymore lol

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
those face to face interactions are not very plesent when you can't understand the immigrant tryin to take your order

I'm happy to put up with the inconvenience for someone who is new to the country and has a job. Gotta start somewhere, just like my grandparents did.

Status
Not open for further replies.