PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I don't even have a count. My tastes keep changing, so my cellar keeps growing. If I sorted it out and weighed it, I'd probably slow down. I thought I was good for a long time until a secret santa gifted by some HU director's cut and some Kendal Kentucky. And then Hansom Flake. and then SG drops. DANG-IT!

Someday I am going to go through it and put the stuff I moved on from on sale. I think it's partly just the thrill of the chase.
Tastes change. Like most I started with aromatics then steered towards light-aro's and non-aromatics.
A few months ago I added some aromatics back into my rotation.

I'd hate to be in a position where I had sold off blends that I got a hankering for down the track.
Besides, they'll be worth more if the Tobaccopalypse becomes reality. :)

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
There was literally a shortage on ammunition because they claimed they couldn't keep up with production and a huge leap in firearms sales and getting a "Deal" off MSRP only happened if you had a good relationship with the shop owner. I remember being put on a waiting list just to be able to buy a brick of .22 caliber rounds for $40 bucks that used to be less than $12.00 prior...

Does any of this sound familiar? puffy

Deja vu:

Déjà vu is the feeling that one has lived through the present situation before. The phrase translates literally as "already seen".
Apologies for allowing @sandollars to get me off topic but I simply must respond [Did your mates mums ever tell you that you're a bad influence Sandy?] :LOL:

What MSM did not report was that the ammo shortage was caused by internal security agencies. All of them.
They were ordering up to ten times their normal quota.
This created a shortage which was then exacerbated by panic buying by the public.
This was during Barry Husseins reign. A bunch of FEMA camps were built in the middle of nowhere.
One has to ask, what did they have planned? The U.S. dodged more than a bullet.

Source; Nexus magazine. They print stories that mainstream media censor. I've learned a lot from the 30 years of reading Nexus.
One can access the stories on-line but many are behind a pay-wall www.nexusmagazine.com

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Luckily my smoking rate is pretty modest (avg about 2.5 bowls per week). My purchasing for the past several years, in relative terms, has been modest as well. Luckily I got started soon enough that I don’t really need to start dumping more money in an effort to catch up before doomsday. But I am doing so with the goal of having enough to last me as long as I will reasonably be smoking. I’m certainly not doing it as an investment with future person to person sales in mind, but just for my own supply. I’m very close to that goal, and in fact close enough that if online sales did get shut down I could make a few adjustments and be just fine. I have no desire to keep buying large amounts after I get to my goal. It’ll just be a tin here or there. I do feel bad for the guys just getting started though....yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.