PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoadaydanny

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
First off, a nod to one of the sponsors. I was on Al Pascia's website last night, and was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of Petersons that were unlike those I've seen at US retailers. I was even more pleasantly surprised to see that with courier delivery running a mere 10 Euro (about US$13 these days), Al Pascia was not markedly more expensive than US retailers I'm familiar with. I will definitely be prowling their website in the future.
Anyhow... I purchased a straight Dublin, in what was described as "Natural Sandblast Army Linseed" style. Googling this, I saw these pipes described as "trattamento ad olio" (treated with oil?) on another Italian website. The bowls of the pipes in this style appear to be pre-carbed.
I'm not a Peterson expert by any means, but I wasn't aware that any Peterson briars were oil-cured.
Can any of you guys educate me? Anybody know anything about this particular species of Pete? Are they in fact oil-cured? Why do they only seem to be available in Italy?
Here's the link. Look at the bottom of the page--the light/medium brown sandblasts with the amber-colored bits.
http://www.alpascia.com/group.asp?detail=14459
Thanks.
Dan

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I don't have any answers, but something quite curious about them is that they have the style of P in the stamp that was used pre-republic. Why would they have that? Strange.

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
I'm in agreement with nemrod, strange. Like a sandblasted Rosslare or something. I haven't seen these anywhere else. Are they current production, or new old stock? I'm a novice Peterson nut, never seen/heard of these :? The mark on the bottom only says Peterson's (over) Dublin. No mention of which line it is, and it doesn't look like the "Dublin" line either.

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
I have been looking at the range of peterson i find them strange

have not seen the silver band befor wonder if they are not

specially made for them they also seem a bit on the high

side price wise

david

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
These are some fine looking pipes though! I see what you mean by pricey as well. One of those sandblasted yellow stem pipes would look great in my hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.