PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
That is cool. Can you explain the Made for Shannon Airport? Was it made strictly to be sold at the airport? Or as a commemorative/souvenir?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
That is cool. Can you explain the Made for Shannon Airport? Was it made strictly to be sold at the airport? Or as a commemorative/souvenir?
Made for sale in the airport. I’m guessing duty free shop? So I’m also guessing why it’s not hallmarked because foreign markets didn’t require it. Only a “sterling silver” mark.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Made for sale in the airport. I’m guessing duty free shop? So I’m also guessing why it’s not hallmarked because foreign markets didn’t require it. Only a “sterling silver” mark.
Nice looking pipe. I like it. Congrats.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yes they normally have the K&P in shields with Peterson underneath. Then Sterling silver and the three marks I describe above. It’s missing the 3 hallmarks.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Congrats! One thing I’ve noticed on un smoked Peterson Pipes with stained chambers, it usually takes 12-16 bowls before broken in. After that, solid smokers, just my $0.02.

regarding the moisture well/trap at the bottomof the mortice, I’ll break off the head of a Q-tip & drop it in the well. Soaks up the moisture & gives a drier / cooler smoke. I dump the tip out after each smoke.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Congrats! One thing I’ve noticed on un smoked Peterson Pipes with stained chambers, it usually takes 12-16 bowls before broken in. After that, solid smokers, just my $0.02.

regarding the moisture well/trap at the bottomof the mortice, I’ll break off the head of a Q-tip & drop it in the well. Soaks up the moisture & gives a drier / cooler smoke. I dump the tip out after each smoke.
No stain in the bowl. ?
That’s a coating.

they make filterpipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.