Oh Joy Of Joys....I Just Found A Jar Of McClelland #2015 VaPer!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Whilst rummaging through a pantry cupboard in my kitchen today looking for a can of tinned pilchards I knew was in there I stumbled upon four large bail-top jars of tobacco I'd totally forgotten about.
Three were full of rubbed out FVF but the fourth was rubbed out McClelland's #2015 which I thought I had smoked a long while ago.
It is dated September 2016 so no great age to it but I'm delighted :puffy:
Most #2015 that arrived here (thanks so much Stan :worship: ) I blended with FVF on a roughly 50/50 ratio which I found perfectly acceptable.....indeed I have still plenty of said mix but to find nigh on 750g of 'pure' #2015 is a great delight to me.
Not opened it yet but I have put it somewhere where it will not be lost again.
Anyone else lost then found tobacco?
Surely I'm not alone here.
Delighted of Cornwall.......
Regards,
Jay.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have no idea where most of my shit is. I am always finding things as I search all of my tubs and closest. I recently found a 5 pack of 2008 Escudo. I also ran across some 2007 tins of Peterson Irish Flake. I could go on and on for a while but you get the idea. My tobacco is all over my house and like a moron I had to order ten tins last night. "Just when I was out they pulled me back in"
10 tins of the Capstan Gold RR are on their way to me.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I love it when that happens but I don’t think I’ve ever lost track of 750 grams of tobacco. Haha. I bet you had a grin on your face from ear to ear when you stumbled upon that! Haha. Good stuff man! I have about 10oz left of 2015 also dated 2016 I’m gonna let it get a few more years on it before I dip into it, although I do have it distributed in several 4 oz jars so that I can enjoy some with out disturbing the rest. Great find Jay, I know you loved that stuff!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We call that shopping at home, and sometimes you locate the finest things, just for the cost of unearthing them.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I have found stuff I forgot I bought, only close to yours was a 2oz bag I tossed in a jar and recently found of McC 2025. I was impressed with myself!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Every now and then I stumble upon a happy surprise, like a couple of tins of Dark Star that I forgot I bought years ago. Stuff is always turning up. I like the mystery.
In any event, congratulations on finding a jar of one of your favorites.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
In addition to a rubber duck in a toilet, I once found an entire new roll of toilet paper completely off the tube. It's fun having cats.
I found a tin of Hunter Retriever *&* two tins of 3 Nuns Yellow in a bag with a Soren & a couple of Nording Signatures. Man, I was in hog heaven for a week!
Bill

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"In addition to a rubber duck in a toilet, I once found an entire new roll of toilet paper completely off the tube."
I recall getting my ass smacked as a kid for sticking a peanut up my baby sister's nose.
I did give her the courtesy of sucking the salt off first :lol:
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have several tins of McClellands including a tin, some years old, of Dark Star. If I remember, a Forums member suggested the cut be reduce in the size of the pieces to make it burn longer. I have a little hand grater for that. I have a few tins of McClelland, and a few more of Dunhill blends, to enjoy as time goes by. These should easy my lamentations about not being able to buy these blends.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I have several tins of McClellands including a tin, some years old, of Dark Star. "I
I've smoked Dark Star 'fresh' and found it comparatively flavourless compared to say Full Virginia Flake so the three (?) remaining tins I have sat on I shall hang on to further to see if any flavour develops.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.