Oh How Things Have Changed...For The Worse.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I like Pollack's paintings. It's not just drips. He had an uncanny ability to create deep space in that field by the way that he layered colors and applied the arcs of paint. But these attributes just don't translate in a reproduction. Standing in front of them is a whole different experience. Same thing for Rothko. His paintings look like nothing special, but there's an energy that radiates from them because of the way the colors vibrate off each other that just doesn't come through in a reproduction.
John, glad to hear that you're able to access the old radio files.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Here is a link (Dick Tracy in B-Flat) to what I consider to be one of the best episodes ever written of the radio program "Command Performance." "Dick Tracy in B-Flat" was originally broadcast on February 15, 1945. Its cast included Bing Crosby, Dinah Shore, Jimmy Durante, Judy Garland, Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, Frank Morgan, Jerry Colonna, and more. I hope that you enjoy it!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@hunter: Hey that's a great pic of Stanley Kubrick on the couch with his remote! That must be one of the last known shots of him.
Caption: "What an endless stream of shit movies those Hollywood bastards are churning out these days."

Ha ha, no, I'm glad some people like different things. Heck, you take a bunch of guys who most likely only have pipes in common... wait... we all do like the same pipes and the same tobaccos, right? :puffy: Oh, and we all agree on the perfect way to smoke. So, finding something good to watch at the theater should be a sinch.

samanden

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 11, 2013
Alexandria, VA
Netflix has had some great specials, movies, and tv shows lately. The Dave Chapelle comedy specials were hilarious, the Luke Cage Marvel series is dope, and I can't wait for the film War Machine to come out. There's great stuff out there, and not hard to find either.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Speaking of Netflix, I've been inundated with female standups. Watched one or two, and then said I might as well be hung for sheep, and watched about six. Some good, some poor. A couple gals I'll never watch again.
I guess HBO kicked off the stand up special format, where one guy or gal gets the floor for an hour or so. Anyone recall who was first? Rock? Martin?

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Netflix has had some great specials, movies, and tv shows lately. The Dave Chapelle comedy specials were hilarious, the Luke Cage Marvel series is dope, and I can't wait for the film War Machine to come out. There's great stuff out there, and not hard to find either.
Man, yes to the Chappelle and Luke Cage series..excellent entertainment. I dont know who the guy is that plays Cage, but hes an excellent actor to be sure.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Wow, I read the Seth books when I was a kid...strange shit indeed!
1540305-401x600.png

boobos.png

Take that, old people!! :twisted:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
10 hours later. Checked back in, still confused. So, cally454 is a nut? Is that the takeaway here?

Status
Not open for further replies.