PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll be interested in responses from those who've tried both. There may be a difference in storage and handling, but I somewhat think the blend is coming out of the same work room; I think a two-track system would be expensive and unwieldy. Just my thought.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I'd like to know where you can buy OGS in bulk???
Rich

4noggins.com

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
It could just be tins of OGS that weren't selling so they opened them to sell in bulk. This is how I discovered St James woods at my local B&M

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I don't think Orlik sells it bulk. If they ever did. Rich would know.

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
Maybe shaintiques was just trolling us :laughat: And on a side note St James Woods is a phenomenal smoke! I tried it for the first time last week. It blew my mind! :puffpipe:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well guys I thought it was available in bulk because someone sent me a big bag of it for the free pipe project awhile back. Probably close to 8 oz. I guess it must have been a bunch of opened tins. I smoked a big bowl of this the other day and really enjoyed it. Now I'm bummed that it doesn't come in bulk. Oh well, I guess I'll be ordering some tins.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
And on a side note St James Woods is a phenomenal smoke! I tried it for the first time last week. It blew my mind! :puffpipe:
Yeah it's probably my favorite VaPer, if you like it try blackwoods flake if you haven't, it's St. James woods without the perique added. I just opened a tin that's from 2011, I got it in 2013 from Rich at 4noggins, it's a blend you really have to give it a month to breath I find until it starts to get the familiar tang I'm looking for.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
St. James Woods is my go to Vaper and Mcc is my go to blender, but no matter how many times I smoke it, it misses the mark for me.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
but no matter how many times I smoke it, it misses the mark for me.

I was like that at first when I tried it, then one day I smoked it in my Kaywoodie, and I never looked back. It really needs the right pipe for it to shine.

rolferst

Lurker
May 14, 2016
I doubt you will find OGS in bulk. shaintiques have probably got the content of a 200 gr tin. To my knowledge they are only sold i Denmark.

The tobacco is packed in a plastic bag inside a cylinder tin.

This tobacco has usualy a more distinct taste than the smaller tin.

My theory is that the looser tobacco with more air in the tin makes the tobacco mature faster.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
OGS is priced really well for a tin tobacco as it is. I guess it's a little more expensive than the Stokkebye flakes (also very good!), but not by a whole lot.
Of course, if I could buy it in bulk, I'd probably buy pounds of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.