PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Look at what the baccy bunny brought early.

Having never tried these, I'm hoping they'll be a delightful treat.
20190409_1830101-600x337.jpg

20190409_182950-600x337.jpg

20190409_182941-600x337.jpg

20190409_182955-600x337.jpg

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Holy crap, that’s quite a haul! Is that Captain Earle’s Ten Russians I spy? I’ve been wanting to some Captain Earle’s blends, hope that’s a good one! Also, SPC Mississippi River is excellent. Very tasty blends you’ve got there.

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Great comments. Yes sir, ten russians in my pipe right now.

First experience with the russuans and I'd put it right up there at the top of my list with gaslight and pirate cake, a new favorite.

Not feeling any nicotine hit though (from any pipe tobacco), probably because I'm a cigar smoker.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Definitely some classic blends in there! I'm sure you'll find quite a few you'll really love in that selection. Glad to see you grabbed some Carter Hall as well, it's no GL Pease or Mississippi River but it's a great smoke for the price in my book. I always have a few boxes around and some in the car.
On another note, it's sad to me to see the warning labels covering the beautiful tin art. I know the last few C&D tins I've received had it as well but it's always jarring when you've seen a tin without it for years and suddenly a third of the tin is covered in a stupid warning label. It just makes no sense, with all the anti-smoking propaganda out there for the past few decades I can't imagine a person learning for the first time that nicotine is addictive when they go to buy their first tin of tobacco. Sorry, off topic rant over.

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Carter Hall is decent, at $4.50 for 1.5oz, I'll order it again.
I don't understand the warning labels either with all the bad publicity on t.v., everyone knows nicotine is fun, er um I mean gonna kill us.
Here's a list of the goodies, pics weren't clear on some of them, sorry bout that.
Carter Hall (tried it, liked it)
Ashton Artisan's Blend
Bugler Blue
Captain Earle's Ten Russians (tried it, holy $H!^ this is good)
Cornell & Diehl Bow Legged Bear
Cornell & Diehl Haunted Bookshop
Five Brothers
GL Pease Caravan
GL Pease Charing Cross
GL Pease JackKnife Plug
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
Hearth & Home Marquee Magnum Opus
MATCH Early Morning Pipe
MATCH My Mixture 965
Picayune
Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River
Sutliff Burma Road
Talon Regular
Cornell & Diehl Bayou Night
GL Pease Haddo's Delight
Hearth & Home Marquee BlackHouse
H&H Bulk Sunjammer

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Five Brothers! That one was fun, curious to hear how you like it. For me it was like eating a bag of walnuts, licking the bag, and discover you can’t think straight because of the nic hit. Maybe I should not have smoked two size 6 bowls :-D

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Lmfao! This forum is awesome. Having a hard time putting down the ten russians at the moment, still puffin. What bowl is this...? Hell I forgot... :puffy:
:laughat:

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Looks like I'll have to wind down the night with the 5 brothers, or rather the morning if I do indeed sleep. 8O

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Figured I better look into the 5 brothers because of the comments made. A quick search on tobaccoreviews has intrigued my interest.

This is what I found from a previous review:
Looking for that "drugstore" blend? A blast from the past? A bit of nostalgia? Need an ass kicking? These boys will open a six pack of whoop ass like you haven't experienced in a good long while. Made up the road in Loovul, KY.
I remember the old geezers smoking this stuff when it came in a paper pouch. Just the smell put me on one knee. When I first smoked it, it put me on both knees. They had to rock my head back and forth to get my lips unstuck from the bathroom tiles. Crikey!
This is some serious stuff, especially if you're a twelve year old boy.
Forty years later and it still hasn't learned any manners. How you can tell if it's fresh or not escapes me.
"Mind if I smoke?"
"Not at all. Mind if I puke?"
Made when men were men, and sheep were terrified.
39 people found this review helpful.
-------------------------------------------------
Hell I'm up for the challenge. :puffpipe:

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Please report back Oldbaccy, and if it does not do it for ya, you need to get some 'cotton boll twist', that will get your head swirling for sure!!

oldbaccy

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2019
Loving the 5 brothers. Closer to smoking a cigar for me. Wonder how 5 bro. would blend with Ten Russians.

Adding cotton boll twist' to the next order, thanks for the info.
Warning, don't retro the 5 brothers, fukushima in your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.