PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
How are you inhaling with breath smoking? You don't use your breath to draw, only to create a rhythm.
I'd imagine if you're breathing with a pipe in your mouth then a minute amount will be drawn in from the suction. Just not enough to notice.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
I smoked cigarettes for a *very short time, maybe a few weeks. I was getting headaches and it took about 3 or 4 days to reverse what I think may have been the start of an addiction. The migraines were bad enough to make me stop.

I have accidentally inhaled my pipe smoke and when I do I *cough* I don't miss the inhales.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Sometimes. Depends on the tobacco and what kind of mood I’m in. Lane 1-Q, Carter Hall, and Prince Albert are easy to inhale, but there’s a bunch of other tobaccos where inhaling out of a pipe ranges from “mildly unpleasant” to “highly entertaining for others around you in the same way as accidentally mistaking a giant glob of wasabi for guacamole”. These blends, I sip.

Reactions: Bowie
Jan 27, 2020
Occasionally inhale 3 or 4 times during a bowl. Usually (except this week with the wife gone and during moose season) I only smoke one bowl a week, so I don’t worry about it too much, although I certainly feel it the next day. That lovely instant nic blast and throat hit is hard to avoid sometimes though, especially on tough days.

Admittedly, especially with the kid around now, I do feel guilty about the occasional inhale or extra beer every now and then. But as Samuel Johnson would say, “He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” Sometimes I need a little relief, hahaha.

I thought Samuel Adams actually said that...

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I have never inhaled while smoking pipes or cigars. If I do so, I will start coughing. Sometimes I inhale the second-hand smoke involuntarily and the next day I start coughing.

Reactions: Papamique