PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
I have a friend who, I've noticed, keeps a silver dollar placed squarely on top of the bowl of whatever pipe he currently has in his hand. It never occurred to me to ask why he did this...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
A pair would be nice, one heads up, the other tails. I wonder how heavy it would be? (Not listed)
Dunhill-Bruyere-4103-Silver-Coin-Windshield-Group-5-pipe-B047-Dunhill-B047-Alpascia-img-113287-w1024-h381-oY.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@danielplainview - sort of. They produce these Five Pound coins on special occasions. They are about the same size as a Maria 5 Thaler piece that was struck in silver and is still used as a medium of barter in some corners of the planet. To be honest with you they had a certain novelty value when you could heave one across the bar in exchange for a pint and get a 20p coin back as change. Now at six quid a pint I don't fancy knocking the hell out of my pockets and getting either two Two Pound coins back or four One Pound slugs, all of which are scientifically designed to destroy any trouser pocket not made of leather!

Status
Not open for further replies.