PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Was on the phone making an appointment with a dentist's office and she was going down the line: Name? Address? DOB? Insurance? Then she got to asking: SOCIAL?
And I answered: Not very.
She didn't like that. :mrgreen:

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
LOL! OK, that's one I'll remember to use somewhere...
Kind of like that old-school one:

Q: "sex?"

A: "yes."

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This reminds me of the story of the university administrator who was asked by a state employee to give them a list of faculty broken down by sex. He responded, "We have several members of the faculty who are broken down by alcohol, but none that I know of who are broken down by sex."

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I often perplex my doctors for fun. I have a doctors appnt at least once a week and since they won't entertain me I guess I'll have to. I refuse to answer certain innocuous questions and write in "prefer not to say". On the occasion when a nurse notices and inevitable asks for a reason, I respond with a straight faced "because I don't think you need to know."
MOTHER'S OCCUPATION: I'd rather not say

SIGNATURE OF RESPONSABLE PARTY: Not applicable

PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN: he'd rather me not say

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
Well, same thing here. Occupation? Married? What--- you need to know that to check my teeth? She asked me for an email address. I told her I don't like to give one out. She told me it was for the system so they could send me a notice of my appointment. I told her today was Thursday. The appointment is for Monday for a possible root canal that I'm in great pain over. I don't think I'll forget to go.
She typed something in anyway. It was probably: anotherjackass at gmail.com.

Kinda, sorta like that... is when I am walking around some festival or gathering with loud music, or just big crowds, I can barely ever hear anyone. I am OK with music. I am not ok with people wanting to talk to me at such events. So, when I see someone with eye contact and lips moving at such an event, I just say something random, like...

"I'd love to, but it pisses my monkey off."

"Fine, fine, Just give it to me in twenty dollar bills."

"Not since the Gulf of Mexico."

My wife knows what I am doing, so she is usually cracking up at me. Whoever is trying to sell me something or just talk to me usually just walks off in disgust, or a profound sense of sadness at the cooky old deaf man.
My wife knows to text me if she needs me to know something at these things. She's a great gal. :puffy:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
This reminds me of the story of the university administrator who was asked by a state employee to give them a list of faculty broken down by sex. He responded, "We have several members of the faculty who are broken down by alcohol, but none that I know of who are broken down by sex."
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.